586,042 active members*
3,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SolidCAM for SolidWorks and SolidCAM for Inventor > cant get rid of solidcam from a part created internally within the solidworks part

cant get rid of solidcam from a part created internally within the solidworks part

I decided to try creating a new milling operation using the option "internal within solidworks part". Now when ever I open up the part without Solidcam I get the message choose part. I can not disassociate the part from solidcam and also cannot create a new milling operation with this part as always tells me illegal plate when choosing the coordinate system.

Is there a way to remove all reference from a solidworks part so that I can start over??:drowning:

I did look all day for a solution, even tried to open the part with a good text editor to see if it might store it in the header...but no luck.

can you share the file please? maybe i can help, i'm a solidcam instructor

Moussa

Have you found the solution? I have the same problem since mornig. I even reinstalled solidcam... and nothing.
    all my integrated solidcam parts has that issue. But it's even worse, when I open the part with SW with solidCAM, all I have done in SolidCAM doesn't exist, except extra schetches made by CAM for auto stock model etc. When I'm trying to start again with CAM operation, I have the same problem with "illegal plate when choosing the coordinate system"

External is the best way to keep things cool. In internal mode Always have bugs with no solution and gives more head ache