586,390 active members*
2,919 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > a2100 not enough ram error

a2100 not enough ram error

ok who has seen this message before

and if so what did you do about any sugeestion aill be appreciated
    thanks

Re: a2100 not enough ram error

Are you trying to load an update or just boot the machine? I had that come up once many years ago, but a reboot cleared it. My machine regularly throws out odd alarm messages that go away with a quick reboot and are never explained.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

just trying to boot up i am learning that about this machine
    if you turn it off and back on that seems to clear the issue
    so i am still operational juat wanted to learn more it incase it comes back up thanks for reply

Make sure all board seating are solid including power supply connections,make sure boards battery voltage is within spec around 3v do not remove batteries to check the voltage.

greg b

greg b i was able to clear just by turning off and back on and it has went away and not pooped up again if it does then i will start to check
    and diagnose the issue i was just wnadering if anybody else had the same problem and what they did about

Im glad to here that mate, I think you will find owning a cincinatti with a acramatic 2100 control you are going to probably see many errors come up over the time you own them,some that will never be understood and just pop up once or twice and go away for ever and others that will be a real pain and need to be traced for the problem .I am now sure after running other controls these were the closest thing to a powerfull household computor that you could get,and we all know how big of a pain they can be with random problems, but most of the times just by turning them on and off the problem goes away.Now whether these are overheating of components,bad connections,flat batteries,poor voltage output,or just a bad start up within the system itself,Im sure all these reasons and more have caused problems in these controls at some time.But pound for pound when they behave em selves I still reckon there one of the nicest controls to use with way more than you will ever use.