586,766 active members*
8,604 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > X Geometry offset ignored during AUTO, but there in MDI - Fanuc OTc

X Geometry offset ignored during AUTO, but there in MDI - Fanuc OTc

I have a Tsugami Lathe with a Fanuc OTc controller.

We actually have three of these machines in the shop. Currently one runs and I am working on the other two. While setting up the second machine, I noticed it did not have a separate offset page for Geometry and wear. It only had one offset page. The first machine I set up had both. I managed to find the 900 series parameter that opened up the two separate offsets, but now when I run the program in auto it just ignores the offsets for X. The Z offset between my tools is fine and works all the time. Before I switched the 900 parameter I had it running with the one offset page and making a part just like the print. I'm assuming that I am missing another parameter elsewhere. When I do something in MDI the offsets show up (IE: I turn down a rod to a specific diameter and it matches what was displayed on screen), but in auto mode it ignores the offsets and my part isn't even turned down correctly.

I have been looking through the parameter manual and comparing them to the other machines parameters, but the only ones that I can see that deal with offsets that are different between the two machines are 1.1, 1.3, 1.4, 10.6, 19.2, and 13.3

the descriptions I have of these manuals were from a OT-d parameter manual. Hopefully they were the same descriptions. I will try tomorrow to see if for some reason the offset was in radius vs diameter (1.4) but I dont understand how it would've worked previously.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Re: X Geometry offset ignored during AUTO, but there in MDI - Fanuc OTc

if the other machines are identical, punch out the parameters and compare good machine with bad machine. you'll find the problem easily.....

The machines aren't exactly identical. The one with a problem is a 95 model with parameters going up to 9500ish. The other two are 92 models that have parameters that go up to the 9400ish range. I already punched out the parameters and compared them, that's how I came up with the ones I had listed in my original post. I was just curious if I could get a little more input on which one has to deal with that issue before I start changing things.

there isn't any more info other than whats in the parameter manual.
    those 6 parameters you mention should really be the same as they are for basic functionality dealing with diameter offsetting and other stuff that should be common between all machines (in other words those 6 you list shouldn't be different)
    here's the 0TC parameter manual.... Fanuc 0-Mate Lathe Parameter Manual - CNC Manual
    since there's only 6 just change them one at a time, power off/on and try it. if there is no effect put it back and change the next one.
    10.6 might be the culprit but the others relating to diameter/radius offsetting should really be set to diameter offsetting regardless.