586,121 active members*
3,624 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Daewoo ACE-H80

I was woundering on this machine how to change the 0,0 pos. right now it's at tool change/Home. I'm wanting to make it like the other 5 mills we have. where 0,0 is center on the pallet. It would make probeing so much easyer.

What type of controler.

I have a H63 and an H50.Both of these machine are fanuc 16m controlers.
    The tool change position is a second referance position on bothof mine.
    If you wanted to use the center of your pallet as a referance you could do it as a third referance position.

I'm not for sure how to do this. my g29 is my first pallet change pos. and g30 is my second pallet change pos.

Pallet Center Position

I'm not a programmer. I'm a Daewoo fix-it guy. Look in your parameter manual at 1243 (forth reference position). I'm going to guess G31? You would reference return the machine, select all on position page so you can see "machine" position as opposed to absolute or relative. Handwheel to where you want center of pallet to be. Multiply the inch position of each axis for "machine" by 25.4. Enter these values for X,Y, Z into parameter 1243. These parameters are to 3 decimal places of a millimeter. You can tell where to add zeros or round off by looking at 1240-1242. Try G31 X0Y0 and see if it goes where you want. With slow feedoverride, try G31Z0. Don't crash your machine if I am wrong. Take into account any active tool offset or work shift or cancel them. Look in your manual for G codes and see if you have 4th reference position available.

Could you not set up an unused G54 type offset like G55-G59 and just use that offset command for your probe? I think they can be set in the offset page or parameters 1222-1226

Reference positions

PS Don't disturb the reference position for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. They are critical for tool and pallet change.

4th reference position command

Sorry, my mistake. I guess it is a good thing that I keep some Fanuc manuals around. G31 is a skip command. Forget that. It looks like G30 is for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reference position. G30 by itself is assumed to be G30P2 and G30P3 for 3rd and G30P4 for 4th. After you set parameter 1243 as described earlier, I think you can try G30P4X0Y0 and then G30P4Z0 and if you don't crash your probe (let's try it without the probe first), then you could try G30P4X0Y0Z0 all in one command. Look at your Fanuc Operator's Manual chapter 6 Reference Position for description.

Let me know if it works.

One last thought

Your machine probably only uses G28 for home and tool change and G30(P2) for both pallet changes. If so, you can set the probe for 3rd in 1242 and use G30P3. You can tell if 3rd is used for anything. If not the parameter will be all zeros.

I've got a work around for the probe working now. I just talked with a tech and he said the only way I could get the pallet zero is to redo the machine paramiters. I talked with with faunc and I belive there is a op. I can have added that will give a workgrid shift. I did use g52 and got the pallet zero but the numbers that the probe get were still not what i was looking for. Thanks again for all the help