587,021 active members*
4,644 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > E-Bay Stepper Driver: Lost Wiring Diagrams HELP

Question E-Bay Stepper Driver: Lost Wiring Diagrams HELP

So I bought these stepper motors and drivers on E-Bay and they were working GREAT!

But I moved. Packed everything up and disconnected the motors from the drives, etc...

Anyway, I've lost the diagrams to wire these back-up and was hoping someone else knows how which punch-downs go where.

Power, Step, Direction and motor windings for a PacSci PowerMax II

Thanks EVERYONE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stepper.JPG  

Any chance you know who made the drives???

Check for copyright mark somewhere on the board or a UL marking.

Sometimes these will point you to the vendor and subsequently the info you seek/lost.

The manufacturer is also the seller on E-Bay, so I know who it is.

Unfortunately he wants about $50.00US for the connection diagram, when I already paid $220.00 for the driver.

So I'm trying to avoid being taken advantage of.

I was hoping to find someone here who had the same drives that could help me out.

For those who don't know, the eBay seller appears to be "esreng". You can view one of his auctions here:

Three 6 A Stepper Drivers + 3 Motors Sherline Taig CNC

You can view a datasheet for the PacSci motors here:

Xylotex - Pacific Scientific Installation Bulletin

Are there any markings by the wiring screw terminals on the driver board(s) that you have? Given some more information or a more detailed photo of the board someone here may be able to better help you.

I think $50 for a connection diagram is a bit steep, way overboard, and fairly crummy customer service. Could you impose on Esreng to verify your original purchase from him? Once he verifies that you indeed purchased the items from him he may be a little more forthcoming with the wiring instructions for his board.

Good luck,

HayTay

erm...it says this:
    "
    Drive is designed to perform, be efficient and last a long time.

One hard copy of the Installation and Users' Guide is included per shipment.

This drive comes with a 30 day limited parts and labor warranty and unlimited e-mail support so bid with confidence.
    "

and then this:

"I will provide unlimited e-mail support and help with setup and operation of the drive. I will gladly help with your other stepper and CNC related technical questions and needs."

I suggest bringing this up since you paid up and expect this promise of unlimited e-mail support to be kept. Be clear that you only require help on how to wire the steppers, not schematics or something!

$50 for a wiring diagram? What a ba*tard!

Ebay (and Paypal, their accomplice) is great UNTIL you have customer satisfaction problems.

IF you paid by credit card, the fix is simple: contest the sale under the guise that the seller didn't complete the sale under the terms of sale the HE stipulated (if the prior post pertains to the mfr of the drives and his terms of support).

You'd be amazed at the "attitude" change that occurs when the credit card company ties up the money. I tied up the money for a furniture purchase (and the stuff was in my house) for nearly a year until the furniture company made the furniture right.

If you paid via cash or check or some other like method, you're likely screwed. It is ALWAYS better to move the $$$'s thru a third party when buying over the internet - just to protect yourself in situations like this.

Note that Paypal is quite "buyer oriented". We were screwed over by contested purchases by Paypal a number of times while I was involved in an internet side business. Even when we could prove that the customer got the mchdse, Paypal would rescind the payment if the customer *****ed enough.

The Ebay thing proves that the principle of caveat emptor is alive and well.

GBM,
    Is this what you are looking for? I bought one of these sometime back by mistake, thought it was bipolar. It's just been sitting in a drawer. Wouldn't want to buy it by chance?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

PHIL-

You are AWESOME! That's exactly the thing I need.

How much do you want for it? I can use a spare.

Christian

Phil-

One more thing, The drawing shows the Motor Hookup, and the power is listed as

J2-Pin1 (negative)
    J2-Pin2 (positive)

But It says to refer to Figure 1 for the Step/direction pinout of J2.

It would help to get th ewhole document from you.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Attached,
    Any idea what the going rate is? It's new, never been hooked up. Realized it as soon as it arrived and it went in a drawer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

The last single-piece unit I located was sold last October on E-Bay for $59.95.

Please let me know how much you want for it.

The drives themselves work very wel for my application.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Suggestion: Send him $70.

He sent you the instructions (which would have at least cost $50 plus a lot of hassle) and he throws in a $220 driver (what you paid) for $20. WHAT A DEAL!!!

How so??? PMINMO gets something back for his effort, clears out a paper weight and can also buy dinner for his wife or signifigant other with the proceeds.

You got a spare driver for a fraction of the cost and replace lost instructions. Also learned a valuable lesson in proper filing of documents I'll bet.

Everyone will feel good in the end and the world will issue a sigh of relief knowing that goodness and generosity triumphed over greed and malevolence.

Sigh....

funny. i think he paid $220 for all the dinky drives and motors together. just a quess if the last ones sold for $60 just send him $60 plus $10 for shipping......and take him out for a beer if he comes through town.