586,061 active members*
4,414 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Plate Bending Rolls

Hello Everyone,

Well I am new to this site and I hope I am posting this in the right area!

But what I am wondering is if anyone can tell me what Make or Model the following Plate Bending Rolls is? It is on an auction and we are thinking about possibly purchasing this machine but we would like to know some more information before purchasing especially for transportation. The Auction company does not have any information on this machine for some reason. And I do not even know which company to contact to find information about it.

The only information we have is: 10' x 1-1/2" (Est) Capacity Hydraulic Plate Bending Rolls, Drop End, 20" Dia. Top Roll, 15" Dia. Lower Rolls. The estimated dimensions I received are: 64" Tall (plus whats in concrete?) x 70" Wide x 158" Long. Also I was told his was used on a regular basis and in good working condition?!

Plus the following picture:

DAY 1 OF 4-DAY AUCTION, OVER 5,000 LOTS: LIQUIDATION OF ASSETS OF RG STEEL WARREN

So I am hoping I came to the right place!

We were also thinking about purchasing a 1949 Pacific Press Brake Model Number: 1000-18, Serial Number: 1256, and supposedly hydraulics and electrical were rebuilt in 1991. The information I have received on this machine is: PACIFIC 1,000-Ton Hydraulic Press Brake, 18' Overall 14' Between Housing, 16' Throat, Allen Bradley Panelview 600 Control, Precision Machine Controls, Hydraulic System.

Overall Dimensions I received were: 138" Tall (plus whats in concrete?) x 104" Wide x 216" Long. Weight = 142,000lbs?

DAY 1 OF 4-DAY AUCTION, OVER 5,000 LOTS: LIQUIDATION OF ASSETS OF RG STEEL WARREN

So thats quite a bit of information but mostly what I am looking for is any information on the Plate Bending Rolls? Whether it would be worth buying or a waste of time? Also if the Press Brake is worth purchasing?

Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to reading your responses.

Ryan

You will only know if they are worth it to you after your personal inspection and testing.

Exactly thank you for your post!

Would you happen to have any information on the Plate Rolls?

Thanks again,
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by rtegantvoort View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Well I am new to this site and I hope I am posting this in the right area!
    This is general metalworking but then again it isn't antique metal working
    But what I am wondering is if anyone can tell me what Make or Model the following Plate Bending Rolls is? It is on an auction and we are thinking about possibly purchasing this machine but we would like to know some more information before purchasing especially for transportation. The Auction company does not have any information on this machine for some reason. And I do not even know which company to contact to find information about it.
    As has already been mentioned don't even bother unless you can do an onsite inspection. In the case of this machine it looks like you will have to cut it out the floor, even if you don't it is still a non trivial project to move the machine. considering this and other factors I wouldn't even consider the machine unless you can get it for less than scrap metal rates. The reason is this if something goes wrong that is what you end up with. Mind you the cost is not just what you pay the auctioneer but also the rigging/moving company which is likely to be several thousand dollars all by itself.
    The only information we have is: 10' x 1-1/2" (Est) Capacity Hydraulic Plate Bending Rolls, Drop End, 20" Dia. Top Roll, 15" Dia. Lower Rolls. The estimated dimensions I received are: 64" Tall (plus whats in concrete?) x 70" Wide x 158" Long. Also I was told his was used on a regular basis and in good working condition?!
    I wouldn't doubt that one bit however one consideration are there manuals and other documentation for this machine? The reason is you will be on your own otherwise because I doubt the operator with years of experience will come with it. Further you are likely out of luck getting parts for the machine so even a little bit of documentation could be a big help.

So I am hoping I came to the right place!

We were also thinking about purchasing a 1949 Pacific Press Brake Model Number: 1000-18, Serial Number: 1256, and supposedly hydraulics and electrical were rebuilt in 1991. The information I have received on this machine is: PACIFIC 1,000-Ton Hydraulic Press Brake, 18' Overall 14' Between Housing, 16' Throat, Allen Bradley Panelview 600 Control, Precision Machine Controls, Hydraulic System.

Overall Dimensions I received were: 138" Tall (plus whats in concrete?) x 104" Wide x 216" Long. Weight = 142,000lbs?

So thats quite a bit of information but mostly what I am looking for is any information on the Plate Bending Rolls? Whether it would be worth buying or a waste of time? Also if the Press Brake is worth purchasing?

Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to reading your responses.

Ryan
    The same things apply for this machine don't even bother if you can't inspect the machine in detail. Taking this inspection thing a step forward you should make sure your maintenance team at the very least is involved in the inspection. Further the rigging company you might end up working with should be there too, as they can offer up advice and maybe even an estimate.

Obviously if you can get the hardware at a big discount, with the expectation that money will have to go into them, then you can come out ahead. The problem is these are non trivial machines to move and install. Further their age may be an issue though you should contact Pacific if they are still around about the machine.

Oh one more thing, just because somebody used the machine everyday and it worked fine for them doesn't mean it will for you. Everybody has different expectations and requirements for the products they run of their machines. If you have a specific spec to meet you have no guarantees with used machinery.