586,263 active members*
3,865 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 18I Fanuc Control bug

Fadal 18I Fanuc Control bug

New to the forum..
    Wanted to tell those with the 18I control to be cautious witht he cycle start button.. Seems that there is a bug.. If you accidently hit the Upper key, which is "turret forward" your tool changer will crash, when it goes to a tool change!!! Other than that, it a great new control.. Having the Fanuc motor's and control in the fadal is like a "Morie" but at a Fadal price.. This is my third Fadal and well recommend!!! :cheers:

Fanuc bug or Fadal bug?

The tool changer functions are part of the PLC ladder logic, not part of the Fanuc 18i control's executive software. Any problems with the tool changer function would be a Fadal bug, not a Fanuc bug.

It's nice of you to warn others about the problem, but I don't think all users of the 18i need to be concerned. The bug is only likely to exist in similar model Fadals with the Fanuc 18i control.

Correct

thanks for the clarification.. You are right!! This is stricly a Fadal - fanuc build communications bug.. :stickpoke