586,082 active members*
3,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V24 BobCad Tool Library Missing?

V24 BobCad Tool Library Missing?

I just installed V24 and it seems strange that the Tools Library is empty. Is this normal? The Toolfile.mtools filesize is less than 1 kb. Also the materials Library has a very small number of materials listed (maybe 6 or 8 choices.) The machine definitions doesn't include the old standard FANUC controller (or many machines at all). In fact, if I choose any machine type, it keeps popping a Haas as my machine. The post also doesn't change. Is this typical behavior? The install was allegedly successful.

This is correct. The tool library does not come pre-installed with tools and must be built up.

I guess BobCAD doesn't understand the definition of 'Library', at least in V24. Is there a link to a complete tool repository? I see the V25 tool library actually has tools in it, but the files are incompatible.

What about being unable to change/add machine type/model? Is that another shortfall?

Bobcads library in V24 is for the user to create a library of there own tools. It does not come setup with any . You dont need any to create programs in the software either. You can just enter tools as you program with them and it will store to the library for you. Kind of a build on the go . Or you can just enter all your tools up front. Yes the V25 does come with standard tools in it. You can also import over your V24 library into the V25. If you want more info on these just refer to the help system fully detailed .

Thanks Mike,
    Certainly NOT the answer I was hoping for. How about the inability to define a new machine? It's almost like this is a school project, that never got completed. How about having to re-load the post each and every time for a new part? Very dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMill View Post
    Thanks Mike,
    Certainly NOT the answer I was hoping for. How about the inability to define a new machine? It's almost like this is a school project, that never got completed. How about having to re-load the post each and every time for a new part? Very dissapointing.
    You can setup as many new machines as you like, and you will be able to set a Default one with the Post of your choice as the Default Post that will be there every time you open V24.

Go to:-

C\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V24 (If you are on 64 bit PC it might be Program Files (x86) like mine )

and then scroll down till you find an application named "MillingMachineSetup.exe"

See attached image

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MillingMachineSetup.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	178178

You can either launch the application by "double clicking" on it or you can create a shortcut that you can place on your desktop or even just drag it onto your desktop, whatever you like, I made a shortcut for it on mine.

After you create your new machine and saved it open V24 and if you have deleted all the other machines then the only one that should be showing would be your new machine, if you have just added a new one then under your CAM tree "Milling Tools > Current Settings" you will have to select the new machine and double check that the correct Post is showing under "Posting" and then close V24 to get the settings to "stick", then when you next open V24 from then on it should default to that machine and the selected Post.

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Smile

Alright! Thanks Engine Guy!!! I must have missed that in the getting started manual. Other than the (non-library) library, that helped a bunch. I just couldn't get past that Haas post and the Bridgeport Easytrk. Now I can start exploring the capabilities. Thanks again.