586,121 active members*
3,375 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mill does random lines before the actual file

Greetings,

Recently bought myself a small mill to get myself familiar with mills before getting a 2.05*3.05m one.

The mill is a Haase CUT 2000L with CNCProfi software. I finally managed to get it going but I'm experiencing some problems while running it.

The machine has no limit or home switches so it happens from time to time that it "crashes" into the "walls" not sure why that is happening as I've setup the correct machine dimensions in the setup.

My main problem is that when I load a file into the software and start the milling process it starts making random lines instead of doing what the file shows (a circle for example, it looks fine in the simulation). It starts by doing a straight line, then an angled one and it then hits the "wall" of the mill, after a few seconds of pushing against the "wall" it goes back to the workspace and starts doing the circle (or whatever else is in the file) and then after that's done it tries to go back into the park position but because it pushed against the "wall" the coordinates aren't accurate anymore so it usually pushes into the wall again. At that point I usually stop the process, drive it by hand into the home position I want and set the home position again manually (since it doesn't have a home switch).

I read the manual a dozen times and the previous owner of the machine doesn't know anything.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Best Regards
    Antonio

Maybe someone can shed more light on this problem for you. Since you admittedly are new and trying to learn, I bet the first problem is in your software and your use of it. Probably there are some settings there that need to be changed and you are not even aware of them. Not knowing you machine, I have no idea what the code for it should look like before executing it. If it is basic G-code, post a copy of your file here and maybe someone can help you sort it out. The best way to learn CNC is to have a good working knowledge of manual machining, then it is important to lean the NC coding to be able to identify problems such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Maybe someone can shed more light on this problem for you. Since you admittedly are new and trying to learn, I bet the first problem is in your software and your use of it. Probably there are some settings there that need to be changed and you are not even aware of them. Not knowing you machine, I have no idea what the code for it should look like before executing it. If it is basic G-code, post a copy of your file here and maybe someone can help you sort it out. The best way to learn CNC is to have a good working knowledge of manual machining, then it is important to lean the NC coding to be able to identify problems such as this.
    Thanks for the reply.

I finally managed to transfer controls from the crappy DOS software (which didn't work properly under XP) to Mach3 and it is working great now (as best as it can work considering that I'm still learning the basics).

It turns out that it was all because of the software, under Mach3 it runs great.

Thanks for trying to help, certainly appreciated.

Check the PostProcessor for your machine.
    www.WebMachinist.Net
    The Ultimate Online Source for Machinist Related Stuff!

This Haase company sucks!!!
    After you buy never gets and email answered.
    No support.
    Nobody knows anything, nobody is responsible of anything.
    Really crappy!!!!!

In the spirit of sharing knowledge after a few frustrating days I got myself a version of Mach3 and set it up to control the mill. Since then it works perfectly.

Had a few mishaps with bits but found myself a supplier that makes me custom carbide tools and since then everything has been great.

It was all a software problem.

I bought a machine from a reseller.
    Broken after 2-3 weeks of soft work.
    Contact fro support, never answered my questions, not able to solve the problem or just did n`t care.
    Finally with the help of a friend replaced the driver inside....

Haase support :
    Client is too stupid to deserve be answered or helped...

Interesting, to me it seemed to be quite sturdy, especially as the machine was some 10 years old.

Are you sure that it was a Haase and not a Haas machine. Haase is from Germany and I see that you're from the U.S.

Machine is a CUT model, less than 1 year old.

No mistake, made in Germany.

Third machine I use in my life, this people is most incompetent team (Team Haase...) I ever seen.