586,655 active members*
4,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 2011 VF-3 how to connect to shop network

2011 VF-3 how to connect to shop network

Im trying to figure out how to set up my machine, to receive programs from our network. Up to today, we used the USB drive to DNC drip large 3D programs. But this morning, my USB reader went out. Im calling Haas next, but thought I would throw this thread out there. Under list programs, I dont see the Net share tab. Do I have to enable something, to get it to appear? My IT guy is on a weeks vacation, and I am not a computer savoy guy. So with that being said, Im going to submit this thread, wait for a response, and in the mean time call Haas to see if they can walk me through it.

Use rs232, ensure all you settings match in the pc and the VF. Set dnc from mdi in the settings page then hit mdi twice to receive the nc.

Yes, you need to enable the net share-IF you have the networking option. Haas has a very good write up on configuring the netshare. Some users report win7 issues though.

Under- I called the 1800 number, they looked up my options, and couldnt find it. Which pisses me off, because it was a bells and whistles showroom mill. So from what Ive read, it cost around $3000. I run a lot of molds, and the NC is always way over the memory capacity.

VF 1- Im in the process of running my 232. Ive downloaded a timed version of Predator. And am trying to get this program running. Have you heard of that DNC software? And what do you use to run from your computer?

Haas finally called me back, and said it would be a week until they can come fix my USB. A week in my shop, is like a month of down time. UURRGHHH!

At our shop we use PC-DNC Plus, I have used hyper-terminal on occasion, Predator is good software, I really like their editor. Just make sure all the parameters (port, baud, stop bit, xmodem) match whats in the machine and you'll be good to go.

You might try One cnc's dnc program, works well, and it's free!