586,075 active members*
4,155 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    magnum500sw

The number they gave you is correct, I just measured it as well you will have enough to get it in, but it will be tight as you will have it on a fork lift or skates which will add 2.5 to 3.5 inches,this one sitting on the floor on it's leveling feet is 80", so yes the conduit tube with the Z axes cables is all you will have to deal with, If using a fork lift you need a minimum of 5' long forks or you won't be able to lift it, with standard length forks

Here are some photo's of the Z axes with the machine in it's Homed position
    The whole travel is usable, no one would ever be milling at this height, this is were you can use it to clear parts on the table or vice for clearance rapid moves
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM2979.jpg   HPIM2977.jpg  
    Mactec54

thanks mac ! its always good to hear someone confirming any info given .

No prpblem to pass in a 7 foots door, remove the cable carriage and spindle cover, only 30 minutes for that!!

Mine is 2001

Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Moving a minmill? A pallet jack is your very good friend. Do it from the side, not front to back. They are designed to be moved with a pallet jack. A good one makes it easier.

Both my MM2 and my super MM came in through a 84" door. No problem. Even got a VF2 in through there.

a vf2 . thats good to know. a pallet jack is a great idea . thanks for the good tip . i was thinking skates . but the heck with that

Yupper, we had to play a couple of tricks to get the VF2 through the door, but the MM2 and the SMM were a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum500sw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by annoying View Post
    Well, the newer it is, the easier it would be to match things back up and to match up (structure, color, etc...).
    your not married are you ?
    Actually I am. But, a guy needs to "man-up" and have control over the boy toy aspect of things (nuts)

I put some money down on a mini mill today. Thanks to all who replied intelligently (wedge). I should have it in a week or so.

Just for the record the mini will fit in a normal size garage door . My mill came the other day and to my surprise the z was all the way up. That's a salesman for ya . He reassured me it would be in a storage and transport position . All the way down with the head blocked up. Nope ! not the case. I had to remove the fan and cover , the tack , loosen the wire loom lay it down , and remove the screws for the plug holder on top of the spindle. It just made it . Maybe by a half inch or so . not much room for error. I'll post some pics of the move from the truck to the garage.

magnum500sw

Thats good that part worked out, & you got it inside, But something is very wrong, they can not be shipped without the spindle/head support bracket in place, which is mounted to the table when being shipped,without the head unsupported is not good, I would not of accepted the machine with the head unsupported, You need to call them right away about this

When the head is in the shipping position it would be all the way down & fixed to the table with a special bracket, whether this is a new machine, demo machine, used machine, it still needs the head supported for shipping
    Mactec54

Thanks Mac I figured as much. In all my years I've never seen them ship this way too. I hope it's fine because I can't afford this not to run.

magnum500sw

I'm sure it will run great, but there could be some damage to the Z axes ballscrew were the head was sitting for shipping, make them give you a extended warranty for those parts, lisiten for it when the head is up in that area, for any different sounds it might make
    Mactec54

I called haas and the said it is not an ideal way to ship this but they said it should be good , there is a z axis brake that will hold this in place fairly well . He mentioned some internal errors that can be corrected in the parameters . But who knows . I need to power it up to find out anything. I did email the sales guy a pic and explained my disappointment in the rigging condition of the machine , no reply . Go figure .

magnum500sw

I guess they would say anything to try & cover there butt, The brake has nothing to do with it, anyone who said such a thing is full of BS, Supporting the weight of the head, stops the shock loading in shipping, on the Ballscrew, Linear rails & ballscrew bearings, The brake is on the servo motor, & only stops rotation of the screw, when power is off
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 12