586,103 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > HELP PLEASE any info welcomed

HELP PLEASE any info welcomed

I have a fadal 4020ht 32mp control, 4th prewire, spindle thru, rigid, hydro flush, updated cpu that has 8m of memory. So with the details out of the way the problem. When I start the machine up and its boots up everything is golden. After a few minutes my keyboard begins to delay, the delay becomes longer and longer until it doesnt respond at all. If I start the spindle up it becomes unresponsive then. I don't know if its related but for the past 6-8 months when jogging with the hand wheel it would have a pause occasionally. I could pull the wire and reset it and it would be fine afterwards. In the past 2 weeks reseting the wires hasnt been working but if the machine set for 10-15 mins before it was jogged usually no problem. If the spindle was on then it would indeed have the pausing. If jogged with the jog button it would keep traveling once released but only when the spindle was on..

Anyone ever seen this before? I was about to replace the handwheel and the current keypad button problem occured over the weekend so I'm stumped? Any info or similar experiences welcomed. Thanks in advance

After re-installing a CPU the memory must be reinitialized. This means the pitch comp for the ballscrews, backlash and parameters must be written down and put back in. You did remember pitch comp and backlash before putting in your upgraded CPU right? If not you will need to laser shoot the table, check backlash after re zeroing the memory. Failure to do the reinit will cause all kinds of issues.

Also ext memory can cause issues, the wrong keyboard interface card will cause issues, the wrong clock card, and not reinit memory can cause issues.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

all upgrades were performed in 2010 when I bought my perfect running non functional machine. Nothing has been removed or added since. Just the occuring problem.. Seems to be when the spindle is turned on.. With the handwheel unhooked the keypad has been functional until i started the spindle. Lost the keypad then

Check your power supply, seems like a lot of problems to just start up all at once. Reseat the boards as well.
    Good luck!

Question clue

Hi !

Its maybe nothing but...

Some EM jamming causes this problem. Or the logical unit has some issues with DC power not stable or HF signals . So the started spindle makes it fail completly. And a started AMP (servo AMP) emmits a lot of HF signals aswell.

Or the CLOCK board has a failing Piezzo chip . Or the main processing board has a failing piezzo chip (quarz chip).
    FADAL VMC4020 HT 1995, Z 28" (if true) , 88HS , 10K rmp , 21 TC geneva /rotary/ , VH-65 (A-axis) ,3ph 400V , metric, NO conveyor, No palette. (+alternative DC AMP)

update

I would like to thank everyone for their imput. After being on the phone with tech support and talking me into changing out the keypad to an old one i had that worked I found the problem was with the 3 wire plug that attaches to connection J15 on the 1090-4 board.. This wire has something to do with the keyboard on the DOS system and was interfering with my other system basically locking it up. BACK UP AND RUNNING FINALLY!! THANK YOU GOD