586,590 active members*
2,310 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ramusa312 View Post
    MoI 3D does not convery files to DXF or DWG or any CNC supperoted format
    Thats not true ram,

MoI is a NURBS modeler that supports many industry standard CAD formats.
    It will fall short if you intend to do prints and dimensioning and that type of work on your parts.

I suppose this will depend on your intended workflow. Like if the shop you send your work to only wants a "dxf" to put into a controller to program it there, then for sure any program you buy, their dxf export should be checked thoroughly. Most shops will have a good CAM program, and most CAM programs worthwhile will handle most of the formats that are standard. "I" would steer away from any solution that requires "One single format".

Also, I mentioned making your stuff in 3d may be more desirable, then send the model to the shop and let them get the entities they want/need to cut the job, but this may depend on your shop not being able to/knowing how/wanting to do it that way.

Moi does in fact have a dxf converter......you need to dig a little deeper.
    The dxf export has been added in the beta periond thats ongoing. You dont get it unless you buy the program and then load the latest V3 version.

Although, I dont understand the statement that it doesnt support "Any CNC format?" Maybe this is a mistake on Rams part?

can I make a handgaurd, muzzle brake, and etc.
    Yes.

thanks again for your great input

I assume the personal edition of alibre ($200 I think) doesn't have all the features you need?

Page 2 of 2 12