586,117 active members*
3,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Rectangular pickoff on a citizens swiss

Rectangular pickoff on a citizens swiss

Was wondering how to program for a rectangular pick off on the citizen swiss. Is this best done with just orienting both spindles or is there a setting to be able to sync both spindles and have it pick off with them running.

M3S1=800
    M23S2=800
    G114.1H1D-2R0 (or G814 R0) (SYNC RPM)
    M77 (PHASE MATCHING)

Thanks for your reply. As i am new to the swiss machines I have another question you may be able to help me with. Since the collets on this machine do not have any keyways for location are htere any problems with them moving at all and losing orientation once you get it set? Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by jimwjr89 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. As i am new to the swiss machines I have another question you may be able to help me with. Since the collets on this machine do not have any keyways for location are htere any problems with them moving at all and losing orientation once you get it set? Thanks for your help
    It is possible that you could put in a "non-keyed" collet and sleeve, get it oriented and run-out thousands of parts with out loosing the orientation.
    It's also possible (and highly likely) that you will loose the orientation at which point, mayhem and destruction will ensue.
    I always have the collet keyed to match the keyed collet sleeve, we made our own system, but Citizen has a decently priced "off the shelf" sleeve option, that I would recommend.
    Good luck.
    Control the process, not the product!
    Machining is more science than art, master the science and the artistry will be evident.