586,104 active members*
3,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > How to move Mill Stock to match part's 0,0?

How to move Mill Stock to match part's 0,0?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to move or edit my Mill Stock configuration so it matches my part to be cnc machined? I have a part (in blue) and I want 0,0,0 to be the lower left hand corner of the piece of material we are going to machine it out of. I have the part located in BobCAM at 0,0 for the lower left hand corner of the part but I cannot figure out how to make the Mill Stock to be located in the same place?

I want this location because it is easier to set up my cutting tool for 0,0,0 at the lower left hand corner of the part than in the geographical center of the part, which is what BobCAM seems to want to do.

Please see attached image.

Thanks,

Cismontguy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails move-mill-stock-small.jpg  

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GKTKXGxs9M]Video 6 - The Stock Wizard for Mill Router Plasma Laser & Water-Jet.avi - YouTube[/ame]

cismontguy Guest
    Thanks for the link but I am using V24 and this stock wizard does not exist. So I need another way of moving or setting up my stock.

Cismontguy

cismontguy Guest

problem solved

OK, I think I have solved this issue. What I had to do was rigght click on the "Stock Geometry" tab, and then click on "Re/Select" and I re-selected my rectangle where I WANTED my stock material. Then had to right clock and cliock "OK" . and the pale blue stock material moved to where I wanted it! Woo Hoo! Who knew you could have some much fun with a bit of software...?

Cismontguy

jrmach Guest
    I have 23 and 25.If you have V24 here is a link to a bunch of videos.

bobcad v24 videos - YouTube