586,119 active members*
3,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: forum

forum

Uh Oh... jrmach is going to really hate this!

Although, his email account "IS" sending out spam, so, I suppose everybody suffers!!! lol

jrmach Guest
    Should be fixed,I did not have or open any E-Mail for 24 hours prior.Can this happen from web surfing??

jrmach Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Uh Oh... jrmach is going to really hate this!

Although, his email account "IS" sending out spam, so, I suppose everybody suffers!!! lol
    Burr ,that don't make sense,

Big Chips Guest
    yeap...filled my junk mailbox up! LMAO!

BurrMan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Burr ,that don't make sense,
    I can be nonsensical... Just ribbing you brother (And letting you know about it at the same time)...

BurrMan Guest
    Can this happen from web surfing??
    Well, yes. It's probably more prevalent with the web based accounts because they have all types of add-ons loaded into your browser and you are actually logged into the account while you are perusing, essentially "surfing with your email system".... (note to self: Log out of web/email account when visiting big-bazoombas.com)

Machineit Guest
    "surfing with your email system".... (note to self: Log out of web email when visiting big-bazoombas.com)
    Or at least add me to your email account!!!!!!!

Mike

jrmach Guest
    I do not know if this is what happened,but one thing that sticks out is I was on Face Book and I just finished watching a short video clip that someone had put on there,I closed the video and while still on Face Book I went to my Bookmarks and click CNC Zone.When CNC Zone opened there was also a SPAMM advertisement video playing on my screen that took about a quarter of my screen up.So I closed it uo and re-logged on and it was gone.That has never happened before,So the video was the Culprit?
    I change Password on E-Mail and all should be good.
    Sorry for the SPAMM guys.I went thru my E-Mail list and took Burr,Chips,and the General off,so that should not happen again.I can use PM if needed.
    This "NEW FORUM"look,I hope is temporary.It Blows.

tubeguy Guest
    Weird new thing. Now when I click back a page. It asks if "Im sure I want to leave this page" Very off pissing.

jrmach Guest
    But we have a like button,ha,ha

jrmach Guest
    I did a complete Anti-Virus and a Malware scan of my computer and there was nothing found.My dad said he opened up the E-Mail and clicked on link and his Anti-Virus stopped it.It reported it as a Trojan Horse.So I have a couple of questions (1)Did I infect you guys?Big Chips,Engine Guy,Burr or did your Anti-Virus stop it? (2)Since I changed my password and did all scans am I good to go?(3)My E-Mail was Hi-Jacked without me never being infected,is that possible??

BurrMan Guest
    I did a complete Anti-Virus and a Malware scan of my computer and there was nothing found.My dad said he opened up the E-Mail and clicked on link and his Anti-Virus stopped it.It reported it as a Trojan Horse.So I have a couple of questions (1)Did I infect you guys?Big Chips,Engine Guy,Burr or did your Anti-Virus stop it? (2)Since I changed my password and did all scans am I good to go?(3)My E-Mail was Hi-Jacked without me never being infected,is that possible??
    I'm good jr..... It was most likely the website that did that. Whenever you think your on a nefarious site, remeber to use ALT+F4, as opposed to clciking on anything you see, like "Clcik this to close".... lol

Your probably OK. If I get anymore (Wait, I wont get anymore. I've been unfriended) I'll be sure to let you know!

dwood Guest
    JR

my isp provider had to close my email down last week , changed password so far it good
    my email stays on there server, so have not found anything on my computer yet, there was an alert about java & adobe 2weeks ago
    don't know where it came from,

BurrMan Guest
    Be sure to put a bunk email address in your contact list, then you'll recieve a kickback and know your sending stuff..

jrmach Guest
    Be sure to put a bunk email address in your contact list, then you'll recieve a kickback and know your sending stuff..
    I never hear of the Alt+F4 thing before.
    As far as a Bunk E-Mail account goes,,,,My Dog actually has an E-Mail account (not kidding)so we are good there.But I found out real quick because The General E-Mailed me right away and plus I saw in my mail preview a bunch of failure notices.So far I have talked to about 7 people that tried to open and their Anti-Virus stopped it.And I also called on the phone about 8 people and told them not to open.So I think no damage done this time.What do you call them Injuts,dang them.

dertsap Guest
    is that a yahoo email ?
    Apparently loads of yahoo accounts had been hacked
    I had my yahoo sending out crap loads over a couple of days at 11:30 am , it showed nothing as sent but I've had people emailing me about the link that I apparently sent them , and I also received a number of non-accepted notices . The first day I changed the password , the next I changed it again and wiped everything out of the account . hasn't happened since

jrmach Guest
    Yahoooo,yup,just like you say.
    And Burr,I did not ""Un-Friend You"" we are just friends in a different way now,ha,ha,ha

Big Chips Guest
    naw you did not infect me...i make my living off of internet sales...so this type of thing is something i am aware of the pitfalls and have provisions in place to protect tour infrastructure.

as for the new four...the Newest version of VBullentin is awesome...lots of one features.. me like..