586,115 active members*
3,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    peterde Guest

Probotix Meteor / Comet

Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with these machines?

we just got one (comet) at work and I cut some wood for the first time with it today.

easy to setup and use....got Meshcam with it, and it works great...I actually turned the crate upside down and am using that as a table until the one I ordered comes in.

Only downside is it makes some noises at full rapid, and this might be due to slightly bent acme screws. I may take them off and straighten them, but probably not, since the first cut turned out fine.

Next up is to drill a pattern of holes and put in threaded inserts for clamping and fixturing.

For the money, I think the machine is a good deal. All aluminum construction, control PC included....might get one for the home shop someday.

Re: Probotix Meteor / Comet

Yes, I have enjoyed using the v90. It has good controls and solid build. PROBOTIX CNC Routers and CNC Router Control Systems

Re: Probotix Meteor / Comet

i bought a comet about a year ago, i was complete newbie. I also got Bobcad to compensate for not knowing g code. All in all, i think its a great machine. I haven't destroyed yet, even after not knowing any thing about how to execute a program.They have really good after the sale service and just about any question i have had, they had an answer for in some way. Bobcad was good also ! The only experience i had was Light wave for 3d modeling. However, i went to their school in Clear Water Fl. and it got me up and running pretty good . I am not saying i didn't make a lot of calls to tech support,Cause i wore it out, but i will tell you as many times as i called i almost always got a response that day. And their tech guys were used to handling newbies, so they were very good at filling in the gaps that were hard to pic out of the manuals for a new guy with almost no experience. i would do business with either of them again with no hesitation.