586,096 active members*
3,848 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > hurco vm 1 WinMax screen goes off and back on

hurco vm 1 WinMax screen goes off and back on

We have a hurco vm 1 machine. The winmax screen flickers off then back on, all the lights on the operators panel go on and off during this. We replaced power supply due to the 5 VDC being 4.93 during this. After changing power supply the machine ran with no issues for at least 4 hours. This morning the operator said screen started doing same thing. Anyone seen this happen before? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

reseat all the board in the rack. what year is your machine?
    There are many things to check. pull the back off the console and check connections there.
    There are voltage test points on the bottom left side of the board mounted to the monitor.
    Check the DC voltages and ac ripple there. this board also generates it's own 5VDC, above the test points there is a coil, and three capacitors below the coil. look at the capacitors and see if they are blown out or split open at the top.
    In the main rack check the voltages at the CPU back plane, mainly the 5 volts. test at the screw terminals on the CPU back plane.

I had same thing happen to my bmc40. took the back of the screen off and inspected the pc board and noticed cold solder joints where power attaches to board. Re soldered the joint and problem went away. Hope this helps.

I'm having the same problem on my VM1 I've narrowed it down to the video card or the card with the multipin connector that drives the touch screen. What happens is I won't get any display on boot up, or I'll get garbled letters on the display and the machine will lock up. I reseat the cards, reseat connectors and then it's fine for a while. I wish I could find the problem for certain, if I call Hurco they'll have the same result except it will cost me big dollars. One other thing that happens is it will go into dual screen mode on its own, i have to go into the setup menu and change it back to single screen mode, the touch screen can't be used until its reset.