my VFDs are currently in use feeding machines, I'm wondering if
    anyone may have failed units which they may want to sell or work
    something out for possible repair? If so I'd apprecciate contact via
    a private message in this forum.

The HY02D223B model would be best but other close Huanyang
    versions may also be of interest to me.

Thank you.

Re: Huanyang VFD Repair

User "jhove" : please clean out your PM inbox. I can't respond to your query.
    To all others: sorry for the noise.

Does this help?
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Does this help?
    Bill
    I beleive I'd come accross that partial schematic of the lower power board about
    a year or so ago in this context. An upper control board also exists which I'd like
    to capture. That said I'd expect most if not all actual failures will occur on the
    lower power board given the inherent electrical stress.

Quote Originally Posted by uhmgawa View Post
    I beleive I'd come accross That said I'd expect most if not all actual failures will occur on the
    lower power board given the inherent electrical stress.
    Yes that is correct, the IGBT's & the zener diodes, are usually all that need to be replaced, I have repaired many of them, Most of the failures come from when this VFD is setup incorrectly

Good luck in trying to extract the firmware
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    the IGBT's & the zener diodes, are usually all that need to be replaced, I have repaired many of them, Most of the failures come from when this VFD is setup incorrectly
    There is a current transformer in the design which should allow the uC to cutoff drive
    to the IGBTs in the event of over current. But I suspect the switching delay of the optoisolator
    drive may be too slow to do so under dead short conditions. And/or possibly the uC (a
    Mitsubishi/Renesas M30260F8AGP artifact) can't do so except under firmware control.
    I'm somewhat foggy as I'd looked at this over a year ago.

Other suspect potential weak links are the uc6844/mosfet converter and the input 3P
    bridge.

Good luck in trying to extract the firmware
    I'm not sure it is worth the effort given the write endurance of the M30260F8AGP is
    only 100x. Moreover I suspect the perplexing existence here of this uC is due only
    to its presence in some Japan-origin design which the fine folks at China Inc. got
    their hands on in an outsourced OEM manufacturing arrangement. I wouldn't be
    surprised for the firmware to be identical to (or a trivially modified binary of) the original
    manufacturer version. Otherwise it seems odd not to use a more contemporary (and
    moreover, substantially less expensive) uC.

If I accumulate additional HY VFDs I may be motivated to further document the design
    but for now they do the limited job I ask of them. To be fair they are an exceptional
    deal at a US$120 price point for the 2.2KW/3PH units, or at least were when I'd
    purchased my units.

Thanks for everyone's input. I got your PMs uhmgawa despite my apparent;y full inbox - which is now cleared, sorry.
    The main reason I was following this old thread is that I need better deceleration and will retrofit the missing braking control components as described elsewhwere here. But so far nobody has posted any actual success in doing this with a working braking resistor fitted and working. The questions are of course: does it slow down faster? How fast will it decelerate? Do you get any error messages when trying to decelerate too fast? How short a ramp is possible with complete braking circuits and external resistor? that sort of thing....
    Joe in Aus

Jhovel

With the external Breaking Resistor fitted, & the right parameters set you will be able to stop almost instantly, you also need the correct Resistor for the VFD being used, if set up correct you will not get any over voltage error messages
    Mactec54

Thanks for that mactec54.
    You mentioned in a previous post that the failures you came across resulted from incorrect settings. Any hints as to which settings? I haven't had any failures (yet) and have a pretty good grip on the settings now. But I've always found the HYs faulting to 'off' and'self-preservation' with my 'wrong' settings.... Happy to learn as much as I can to maintain my HYs...
    Joe in Aus

Quote Originally Posted by jhovel View Post
    Thanks for that mactec54.
    You mentioned in a previous post that the failures you came across resulted from incorrect settings. Any hints as to which settings? I haven't had any failures (yet) and have a pretty good grip on the settings now. But I've always found the HYs faulting to 'off' and'self-preservation' with my 'wrong' settings.... Happy to learn as much as I can to maintain my HYs...
    These are some of the settings that are important PD011 minimum Frequency setting I have found it's best not to go below 120Hz for this setting,(In These VFD Drives) some will run & work just fine at 100Hz is it worth to run the spindle at the 100Hz with low torque which you can't do much with, even at 120Hz there is not much torque to cut with

PD014 Accel 12sec is a good starting point, this can be much lower, you have to check to see what the amp draw is & adjust to suit what your max is

PD015 Deccl This is a very important setting, to low a setting & this will smoke your IBGT's in the VFD drive, a good starting point is 15sec, this is adjustable, I have seen them working as low as 6sec, but would not do this without a Braking Resistor fitted on this VFD

PD004 Base Frequency if this is not set correct to the motor Frequency, it will cause over heating of the spindle motor, & damage to the motor/drive
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    These are some of the settings that are important PD011 minimum Frequency setting I have found it's best not to go below 120Hz for this setting,(In These VFD Drives) some will run & work just fine at 100Hz is it worth to run the spindle at the 100Hz with low torque which you can't do much with, even at 120Hz there is not much torque to cut with
    mactec,

Are you sure you mean 120 hz? Isn't the frequency of the line (in the US) 60 hz? So you are saying to set it twice the line frequency?
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)

PD011 is the Frequency Lower limit, if used too low for the small 2 pole water cooled spindles that are rated for 400Hz (24000rpm), they will burn out due to the low inductive reactance at anything lower than 6000rpm or PD011 set at 100.
    The common 4 pole 60hz motor will allow much lower rpm.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkJET View Post
    mactec,

Are you sure you mean 120 hz? Isn't the frequency of the line (in the US) 60 hz? So you are saying to set it twice the line frequency?
    That's exactly correct, the input settings when using these 2 Pole spindles, the VFD is set to 400Hz, for 23,000RPM, for the lowest speed for these spindles should be set at is 100Hz I recommend 120Hz for a little extra safety

Failing to set the VFD,s Parameters to these settings will smoke the drive

If you were running a regular AC 4 pole motor the input would be 60Hz & to double the speed of this motor you could set it to max of 120Hz
    Mactec54

Thanks Al, and mactec,

I missed the part that it was a high speed spindle.... It makes sense now.
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)