586,108 active members*
3,056 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3TC Parameters ????

Howdy!

A couple years ago this lathe stopped working properly. When you run a program it would stop at an M8. I found that if I switched the coolant on then back to auto it would function normally. If the switch is in Off position the program will run normally....with the coolant off not cool

I switched lots of little relays thinking the problem would follow the relay...no luck.

Question Is there a parameter in the Fanuc which could have been changed which looks for feedback from the coolant system...my point being that the machine may not have that sensor and did not use that parameter when it was new? The maint. manual is no help here.

Thanks tons!
    i build the braces that keep american teeth straight......tick tick tick

I'm guessing you lost parameters and someone re-installed them but may not be to factory specification?
    if yes it's probably a parameter issue.
    we have a mill that turns the coolant on when we do an MDI tool change and our Fanuc guy has not been able to fix it or find out why it does it. It's just one of the things we have to live with.

Yeah, this goes, that fails and we have to keep using antiques...
    How old is your mill? This lathe is 1985

Had a Bandit mill and after the interpolator board went, no more circles, couple more boards went south, camel's back was broken when the I/O card went and instead of getting a new used machine they had me retrofit it on the cheap. $10,000 in cash, $25,000 in my time...the bean counters are happy but stupid...and now I have a machine built by a novice...me. You may imagine the problems I've had.

Thanks!

our mill is early to mid 90's.

do you have a 3T operation manual? The standard parameters are at the back.
    You can also compare the 3T parameter list linked in this thread here....
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...anuc_3t-d.html

Thanks!

I have operation and maintenance manuals. I dont see anything regarding my problem.
    May have to give Fanuc a call...

Fanuc may not be able to help you. M-codes are are builders responsability. if no one reloaded parameters it is most likely a I/O board issue.
    the I/O board will have to come from Fanuc but trouble shooting the issue you will need the builder.

all Fanucs are alike origonally in the box. once it is put on a machine and its ladder is in it is a machine tool now and the builder knows more than Fanuc.