586,115 active members*
3,432 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mazak M32 on AJV 25/404N drip feeding stops at same line of code

Mazak M32 on AJV 25/404N drip feeding stops at same line of code

Thanks for everyone's help in advance. I am using cimco software to drip feed in tape mode.
    I am using usb to serial converter & serial cable 25 to 9 pin. Communication works, cimco has been more than helpful, but program will not execute completely. Program will stop at specific line in program, everytime. Weird thing is , I can change the brand of serial cable and/or brand of usb to serial & the program will stop at different line. But it will stop at that same line everytime with that cable combination.

Then tried computer with direct serial cable. Program stopped at a line same as one usb cable to serial cable combination everytime. I am beginning to think the stopping part is due to control not being able to keep up with small rapid moves. It appears that line it stops at is always during cluster of small incremental moves.

Is the problem that I don't have High speed machining option enabled? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable?

Thanks very much. Machine is really stout & rigid, control is only limitation at this point.

I did discover new program from Cimco that reduces our programs by 90% so that most will now run directly in control. It seems to do same thing as I & j arc functions in newer controls & reduces number of points in curves. For $500 it has been great.

I too drip feed a 1989 AJV 35/60 m 32 control (Version B software) in the controller. I also use cimco and the cimco filter. I don't think when stopping in a part is due to control not being able to keep up with small rapid moves. The control should pause and wait for more code. The machine will be jerky when trying to run code faster than it can read it. I think it is your serial port card. Our IT guy tried the usb to serial port and could not get it to work. He had to buy a serial port card from cimco. It did the trick.

HI
    I have the same problem on the same machine control,

program stops around the same line every time,
    I have tried all cable combinations, I have fitted a cal motion lan cnc.
    http://calmotion.com/products-page/calmotion/usbcnc-maz

I will try any thing at this stage.
    the serial card from cimco, do you have a model number?
    is this for the pc or machine ?

my problem seems like it takes so much memory in to the buffer and doesn't clear it down to allow more info in,then shows tape error 887.

thanks in advance for some assistance.

Re: Mazak M32 on AJV 25/404N drip feeding stops at same line of code

anybody got a solution for 887? I noticed this too