586,082 active members*
3,628 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > separate jobs into one job
    greenene Guest

separate jobs into one job

As part of a project with MC, I've accumulated a dozen files, all of which use the same stock material--in wood-- and cut various parts.
    Now I'd like to cut all of these parts on one larger piece, and am wondering what is the easiest, least problematic way to cut and paste or import all the separate files into one file so that I can cut on one large board. Tools are the same and stock is the same, just a simple operation of nesting them into one board and then cutting away. I am thinking that the operations import/export is the way to go, but I am curious to hear from others who think they good have short cuts.
    tc

Importing the operations WITH geometry on each of them will work...but you may need to mess with the origins or where they are at to get them where you need to be for one piece of stock (or just use a separate origin for each part). You may want to put each piece on a separate level so you can move it easily to the correct location so they aren't overlapping or wasting material. How many operations are we talking about?

How about just writing a simple program with subs for each part and origins for each one where they should be on this material? If you have it drawn nested in the new material already then finding each parts new origin would be simple.
    Tim

What version are you using and are you using Router product or Mill Product.
    There is a tool call nesting for this.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .