586,121 active members*
3,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > wierd problem on our tc-22 z axis please help!!!

wierd problem on our tc-22 z axis please help!!!

We are having a strange problem on our tc-22. This problem is only happening on certian programs, other programs work ok. All operations on the right end of the x axis work ok but when the table moves to make a cut on the left end of the x axis table as the table moves past the halfway point the number on the screen for the z axis changes from 8.5xxx to 321.xxx and we get a fault saying that the z axis was commanded to move too far negative. some of our programs work ok and some fault out, the programs that do fault have not been changed and we have used them for yoars. I'm pulling out my hair

Switching from inch to metric?
    Check your program.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

No it does not appear that the programs have changed. It act like the z axis encoder loses track of it's position but why would it when the table moves to the left end. Since the z axis has a seperate cable and is not connected to the table I don't see how a left movement of the table could affect the position of the z axis

One other thing that we have noticed is that the tlo is an unusually large number like 325.xxx. The how can the machine run without faulting on the z axis on the right end of the table but fault on the left end of the table. the operator tells me if they input the tlo manually it will always revert back to the old number (325.xxx)