586,655 active members*
2,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > 4th Axle first attempt...!
Page 1 of 2 12

4th Axle first attempt...!

This is my first attempt..All seams to be ok..the simulation works well..but I see only one time the A code...and trying to do the work on Mach3 the Table goes back and forward without any rotation by the A axe..Where I'm wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

My guess is you didn't load a 4 axis machine, so it's not posting in 4 axis.

Watch this video I think it will help.

Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

If you want to skip ahead start watching at 3:00 of the video.
    Al DePoalo

After looking at your part, it looks like you are trying to cut everything with the Rotary tool path. I would recommend you consider indexing instead. Index to a face and then used your 2D or 3D tool paths. Index to another face and use 2D or 3D tool paths. I think you'll have a shorter run time and a better machined part.

What kind of material are you working with?
    Al DePoalo

Hello Al
    Thanks for Your suggestion!! I'm intend to use cast iron...I Used my four axes machine Bf20
    Best regards

Hello Al DePoalo
    If I understand well have I to use one machine set up, indexing, for each face using 2D or 3D tool paths don’t You?

Al
    When useing 4Axis indexing why is it that my symulation does not rotate .
    This happens weather i use output rotary angle with rotation angle
    or select a face to determine the angle.
    I am useing V24 inside Solidworks with Bobcam V2
    I checked the Code--the Code does show the proper A-angles
    just no rotation in simulation

V24 uses a different simulation software, you would need the predator editor upgrade to simulate 4 axis movements. As far as the V2, It should simulate the 4th axis indexing when using an index system....
    Al DePoalo

I think this video might help you understand how to program you part.

Al DePoalo

Hi Al-
    Here we go again----Another upgrade
    Why do i have to upgrade when i bought a product that was supposed
    to do 4Axis and simulate---I upgraded once already from V23 because
    the simulation was so bad. Bobcam did not tell me when i bought the product
    that it would not simulate. Bad news Al !! Im stuck with a product that does
    not work as advertized-----I have had it-!@#$%^&

Why dont you pm me your account information. Or call me tomorrow so we can sort this out.

V24 doesn t simulate 4 axis movements in the verify or predator virtual software. You would need the editor upgrade to back plot / simulate 4 axis indexing or wrapping. That is how v24 is sold and if you were told otherwise I will make sure to take care of you and your account.

Bobcam v2 is the first version to use the new simulator software. To the best of my knowledge it will simulate 4 axis indexing. I maybe wrong but I dont think I am. Either way we can do a web session together if needed to sort that out.

The sample file in this thread was done with v25, were you using the demo? I am not sure why you would be programming this part in v25 if you own v24 and v2. Maybe I am missing something.

Either way I am here to help and will do anything I can to make sure we do right by you.

Please feel free to call me anytime or email me / pm me your contact information and I ll contact you right away.

* rckdef you aren t the op. Thats why... please pm or call me so I can sort out your account.
    Al DePoalo

You can simulate the A indexes in V25 if you setup a separate machine setup for each index, but that is a pain. Al, is that how the part in the video is done?
    IMO BCC needs to get on the stick with the simulation supplier and get this fixed up. From way out here it doesn't seem that tough to do.

The part in this video was done using index systems.
    Al DePoalo

Hello Al Depoalo
    Ok I'll try and I'll let you know. For the momente I sinplified the drawing for saving time ...!
    Best regards

Mystery!!!!!!!!! I'm still learning how the program works.....! I'm following the manual on "How To Create Index System For machining Parts" At moment I'm stopped in front of this....the button "Define Rotary Axis" is not on my machine set up!!!!! Does Anyone know why? I checked the machine set up...!

The V25 Simulation will not show indexes that are done with the output rotary option in the toolpaths.
    This is because it is a user input and doesn't pass through the machine info . It is just output in the Gcode .
    To simulate these moves you will need the predator editor backplott.

MikeG

Hello Mike
    The picture is shoowing the Machine set up for placing an index machine and I don't see the button :"Define Rotary Axis". It is a MUST before continuing onto indexe system in the CAM Tree...as the ..... "publications" or suggestion provide!!!!!!!!
    Best regards

Tronc,
    I cant find the button you refer to in the help file regarding the tute for doing the setup. Maybe when you clcik help, check the "use online help" then review the area of the tute again? Could it be an old help system that has changed? Could you provide a screenshot of the part of the help that says this?

Hi Burr
    Yes Burr when I click help and precisely under:" How To Create Index System For Machining Parts....! In the part 2), Define the machine setup for the parts , point #3. I agree with You maybe it be an old help system that has changed!!!!! I'm sorry but at moment I'm not able to provide a screenshot of the part of the help that says this. Anyway this issue underline the need of an exaustive manual of this program...in my advice!!!!! Anyway is possible to see this button on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pi9L_Ic-Zk...
    Best regards....

Oh ok, I see it there. I think that video is older and that button has been removed. Just ignore that part. If you were stuck on how the rotation axis is defined, ask here and we can help through it....

Page 1 of 2 12