586,069 active members*
3,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Limit switch for TB6560

Can you please advise me which limit switch is good to use with CNC TB6560 3 Axis Stepper Motor Driver Controller?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Axis-TB656...item1e6455009d

And please if someone knows correct wiring (how to connect limit switches (two per axis) to driver from the link)?
    I saw driver have 5 pins input.

Is it ok to use something like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-CNC-LASE...item25757ca70e

P.S.
    Limit switch avalible on ebay.

Thank you.
    BR,
    Marko

I have did a little research and I sow that switches are commected serial each to other. First pin on x switch is connected to first pin on driver input and second pin on z switch is conected to gnd. Home swithes are connected each to his own pin 2.,3. and 4 pin on driver. I dont understand should i connect 5V to first pin also?

Please, if there is somebody who knows about wiring and are those switches from first post compatible with driver from the link.

Thank you in advance!

Those limit switches look OK. The rolling ball may mean they are not so accurate for zeroing purposes(slight variation each time) but good for extreme limit switch to halt machine for safety.

Wiring is 5V on one side of switch - when switch closes 5v goes through to input on board.
    In software setup make sure limit is set to ON = limit. You will have choice.

for more info on limmit switch setups for CNC - try google.
    E.g. Limit switch's - best configuration? - MYCNCUK - The UK diy cnc machinists community.
    Primer on Homing and Limit Switches

Quote Originally Posted by Neon22 View Post
    Those limit switches look OK. The rolling ball may mean they are not so accurate for zeroing purposes(slight variation each time) but good for extreme limit switch to halt machine for safety.

Wiring is 5V on one side of switch - when switch closes 5v goes through to input on board.
    In software setup make sure limit is set to ON = limit. You will have choice.

for more info on limmit switch setups for CNC - try google.
    E.g. Limit switch's - best configuration? - MYCNCUK - The UK diy cnc machinists community.
    Primer on Homing and Limit Switches
    Thanks for reply.
    In the meantime I was reading manual for Mach3 and my driver board (3 axis). Driver have 5 pins input - first 4 are 5V and 5th is GND, if I understood correctly. Their advise is to use first pin for connecting two switches in serial for x axis, second for y, third for z, and 4 for eStop. All together to GND - 5 pin. I sow Mach3 can recognize in which direction is moving so based on that it decide is it home or limit (on one side limit will be used as home).
    Roller ball switch - It will be enough acurate for my needs.

Thanks one again.

On my machine, I use homing switches and software travel limits. But the concept is more or less the same.

I use a RadioShack switch on my Z-axis, it seems to be very accurate.

SPDT Switch with 3/4 Roller Lever : SPDT Switches | RadioShack.com
    http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/produ...110710w345.jpg

I have some cheap "No name" switches on my X and Y axes. They seem to work, although one of them went bad on me and had to be replaced.

Pretty much any switch with a pair of normally closed (NC) contacts will work. Especially for a limit switch (which requires less accuracy than a homing switch).

I'll snap some pictures when I get home tonight.

Here are the switches on my machine. They are simply glued in place, quick and dirty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	limit_switch_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	181168

Name:	limit_switch_2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	181169

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    Here are the switches on my machine. They are simply glued in place, quick and dirty.

Name:	limit_switch_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	181168

Name:	limit_switch_2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	181169
    Thanks. I have order switches that look similar to yours. When they arrive will try to connect them.