As the title says this will be my G0704 build thread. My goal is to make custom emblems for MK6 Gti's and whatever side projects come my way at home. Here a link to my Emblem thread on the VW forum.

And so it begins

I got the machine on 3/24/13 and got it mounted to a cart that was just sitting around at work.

Had some issues with the tachometer out of the box, it was not reading out properly

Not sure what fixed it as I had the control box open from both side and couldn't get it to work. Put it back together and now it works ?

I purchased Hoss' plans for the conversion and plan on doing the Y axis extension for a little more travel. Also bought some C7 ball screws and nuts from Chai (linearmotionbearings2008). All three screws machined and the one ball nut machined was under $180 shipped.

Found some gears @ MSC to try out the the RPM increase mod, #03125184. I'm not sure how they will hold up to machining being that the are made out of Acetal, but for around $10 I figured what the hell. They boosted me to a over 4000 RPM's

There are also bearing on their way from VXB.com for X,Y,Z and the spindle.

Please feel free to post up suggestions, comments, concerns :banana:

Andrew