587,006 active members*
3,162 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Reasonable time to wait PAST deadline for parts to be delivered ?
Page 3 of 4 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by toothandnail View Post
    2 more days til April 12, I can hardly sleep.
    i give, what's special about the 12th, steve won't be back till the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by waltpermenter View Post
    i give, what's special about the 12th, steve won't be back till the 21st.
    AWWW , MAN

Say it ain't SO ,

He told ME it would be April 12 or 13 when he got back and shipped the parts I PAID for , on March 10 or so.

I'm kinda slow , but I starting to see a pattern here,

Quote Originally Posted by toothandnail View Post
    AWWW , MAN

Say it ain't SO ,

He told ME it would be April 12 or 13 when he got back and shipped the parts I PAID for , on March 10 or so.

I'm kinda slow , but I starting to see a pattern here,
    well i'm just going by what steve said in this thread.
    I have left my shop/home/garage for a while to recover from this latest incident in Desert Hot Springs. I hope to return by April 21st.

OH well , I'll be on pins and needles for another 9-10 days.

MAYBE , I'll get a refund WITH intrest ? ? ? ? ?(flame2)

Not necessarily a positive for toothandnail, but I'm glad the thread at least managed to shame him into being quiet for a while. His first couple of posts appeared strangely defiant.

I guess he finally realized people aren't so impressed with drilling 4" deep holes on the side of a part when you can't actually do it to a deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoSantos View Post
    Not necessarily a positive for toothandnail, but I'm glad the thread at least managed to shame him into being quiet for a while. His first couple of posts appeared strangely defiant.

I guess he finally realized people aren't so impressed with drilling 4" deep holes on the side of a part when you can't actually do it to a deadline?
    what's the point of that comment? you just show yourself to be someone else with a personal grudge against steve taking cheap shots while he's down. pity you can't act with some class either.

No personal grudge at all until this all came up. I read his posts with interest and I always appreciate people posting about interesting or unusual techniques or "achievements". I'm just disappointed, really.

By the way, I never said I had any class!

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoSantos View Post
    No personal grudge at all until this all came up. I read his posts with interest and I always appreciate people posting about interesting or unusual techniques or "achievements". I'm just disappointed, really.

By the way, I never said I had any class!
    ROFL. From the Emminem school of debate. LOL.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

While I have learned alot about machining in my time spent on cnczone, I fail to understand the point of this thread. First, it has nothing to do with Tormach. Secondly, it has nothing to do with machining techniques, advise... I personally say state your grief and move on. You remind me of watching a fight on the beach in my childhood. Just keep beating the poor guy while he's down. Wait for your parts, or take him to small claims court. Get a life and let this forum get back to something positive. Rant over...

Quote Originally Posted by jkittleson View Post
    While I have learned alot about machining in my time spent on cnczone, I fail to understand the point of this thread. First, it has nothing to do with Tormach. Secondly, it has nothing to do with machining techniques, advise... I personally say state your grief and move on. You remind me of watching a fight on the beach in my childhood. Just keep beating the poor guy while he's down. Wait for your parts, or take him to small claims court. Get a life and let this forum get back to something positive. Rant over...
    Interesting concept so many of you have here, you have a lair and a cheat and some how you consider him the one being wronged... And I am well aware of the serious nature of strokes. A tia is not yet a stroke...

My 81 yr old father has had several TIAs and it only takes him a couple of days at most to recover. A TIA doesn't cause any permanent damage.

Guys, I don't think anyone is faulting him for having a stroke, or a TIA, or being sick in the slightest. But whatever it is he had, he's had more than enough time to apologize and make things right.

Yes, it's childish to complain in public and make a fuss - whatever, if I had just seen 2600 of my dollars go up in smoke, I'd be pissed too. I'm glad it's pocket money for a lot of you, but it would pay for a nice long weekend away with the family for me! To me, it's roughly the equivalent of working 10 hours a day for a week and not seeing a single dollar for it. As much as I thrive on working hard, I enjoy NOT WORKING even more, if my bank account stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jkittleson View Post

The point is this: We come to this site not only to learn about machining, but also where to get things, or who to hire to do things we don't have the ability or time to do. In this case, we're learning about the ethics and attitude of a certain machinist who has accepted money from a fellow member to do a job. Judging by his own posts, both on this thread and during this timeline on other threads, the "poor guy" doesn't appear to be in too bad a way, well enough at least to communicate honestly with the man who paid him.

I am surprised that this thread has the legs that it has, but not really offended by it. The OP sounds like he has been more than reasonable and tried to work this out without drama.

Bottom line, once he makes this right (or heck, even if he communicates a desire to do so), I'm guessing the thread dies.

Well seems like a matter of ethics or lack there of not being able to deliver parts on time is one thing asking for and taking second payment when knowing you can't deliver is another, plan old unprofessional and unethical.
    At some point excuses become just that excuses everybody has one.
    Seems like you have the meeting of a guy who makes a living with the machines having trouble with a hobbyist.
    Not really sure why one would put up with it for the length of time this has been going on.
    Plenty of 1100s out there with open machine time, epically if it's a part you have the G code for unless there is an unreasonable expectation price wise.
    Honestly it's probably a write off

For all those feeling sorry for Steve, I did too for a while, until it became apparent he does not care.
    I received another message from him, asking me to wait until April 16th, he would give me the tracking number then . . . . . . . . .

Well it the 17th and . . . . . . . . .

This would have been OVER LONG ago , IF he was true to JUST ONE of his promises.

Pretty messed up deal. No parts, no money.

DELETED
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

DELETED
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

DELETED

I was ready to take Matt's parts to the post office on Wednesday afternoon. I had just finished a little quickie job for my son so he offered to take it to the post office for me. I thought great, then I can get on the road to the desert. I had to get away for a while to recuperate from some medical issues I have had over the last 2 or 3 months.

I spoke with Matt on Thusday afternoon and I told him it had gone out the day before by Priority Mail. That statement came back last night to bight me right in the a$$. I got home about 11:30 last night and found a box on my front porch. I knew what it was so I called my son right away. I didn't give a shyt what time it was. He told me he had lost the address and used my money to feed his kids.

I took the box to the post office this morning and it's on it's way. Tracking number is EI 653400854 US with guaranteed delivery by 3:00 PM tomorrow.

If no one wants to do business with me after this fiasco, I understand that completely.

I don't know what to say or do other than I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Before this, I have been in business and the latest I EVER was is a job due on Friday afternoon was delivered Monday morning.

Page 3 of 4 1234