586,033 active members*
3,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ethernet Configuration Menu

I am very new at the MSG 501. I need to set an IP address to link our Mori SV-403 into a computer so we can load programs. How do I get into the screen to set the IP configuration?
    Thanks for your help in advance!

WFF

Once you set the comm to network, the ip screen should show up. You may need to page down once, been a while. On that vintage you may also need mori server software. It comes with the newer controls free.

Please bare with me...I'm rather new at this controller, but have a pretty solid background in networing. Where do I set the Comm to Network? Can you give me a step-by-step from boot-up?

I could if I was in front of one, it's in the setting page. That's a fairly old control now, so I don't work on them as much.

Would you be willing to get on the phone with me on Monday and guide me through the menus with me being in front of the machine? I sure would apprciate the help. We are hard down right now and starting to get behind schedule.

WF

Obviously Not!!!

Not now. Pretty snotty response. Not like I'm on this forum 24/7.

Oh...No...No.....No..
    Thats what I hate about text messages...so easy to take out of context.
    I apologise if my post was offensive in any way to you...it wasn't meant to be. Sometimes my warped sense of humor get misinterpreted. It's happened to me before. I certainly didn't mean to cause you any harm. Since I didn't hear back from you, I thought you went MIA, and obviously you would not be availabe to help. I was just humorously thinking out loud and wrote it in a text,,,never intending for it to be offensive.
    It's OK if you no longer wish to work with me...I did appreciate the help that you did give me. Thank You!!!
    Thanks for your time and God Bless!

I'll be back at work on Tuesday, if one of our two older controls are available ill take a look.

We have MORI SEIKI SV-403 VMC machine with MSG-501 controller and we have facing problem with spindle. we give 200 rpm command spindle run OK and no alarm and we give more then 200 rpm EX0491 spindle speed abnormal alarm comes and spindle stop that time spindle drive display saw - - . No any alarm on spindle drive or axis or power module.
    please help me and support for this problem.

Thanks In advance

Amit jholapara
    +91 9898732126
    [email protected]

Mori seiki sv-403

We have MORI SEIKI SV-403 VMC machine with MSG-501 controller and we have facing problem with spindle. we give 200 rpm command spindle run OK and no alarm and we give morethen 200 rpm EX0491 spindle speed abnormal alarm comes and spindle stop that time spindle drive display saw - - . No any alarm on spindle drive or axis or power module.
    please help me and support for this problem.

Thanks In advance

Amit jholapara
    +91 9898732126
    [email protected]