586,077 active members*
3,856 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

bobcad editing

i have bobcad v-25 , my question is can i edit a generated toolpath ? what i meen is after the toolpath is calculated is there a way for me to cut out generated cutterpaths out of my calculated program while still in the cam side of bobcad ? i cut a lot of 3d parts so i need to fine tune some programs that may roll over an edge . that edge has to remain sharp .

I don't believe you can in the CAD section. I always edit mine in Predator while running it. That way you see exactly what the line does and you can eliminate it.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

I concur with Machineit

You can not edit the tool path directly, you would need to edit your settings or the geometry you are programming to control the result.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

editing in Predator is not a "viewable" option for many. Even with 4 axis pro, I cannot use Predator any better than notepad. No color, backplot, or even view path as edited in Preditor. None of the advertised features are available without an upgrade. Only basic text editing (notepad). You cannot view updated paths or see changes. Any change I make in Predator does not show when running Bobcad simulator.

I would not personally use BoB without having Preditor 2.It offers many things that are invaluable to proving a program that simulation does not.For the cost,it will pay back many times over with the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I would not personally use BoB without having Preditor 2.It offers many things that are invaluable to proving a program that simulation does not.For the cost,it will pay back many times over with the benefits.
    +1

Predator 2 is a game changer. I do not think I would be using my CAD system without it. No matter how well you think you have done with a program, watching it run and confirming that it is right is priceless. It has saved my a** many times. If you have spent the money for the Cad/Cam system-----drop a few more bucks for Predator 2.

Call Al and tell him I said you should get a huge discount!

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Would be nice I'm sure. The sales process has already become one upgrade after another. I don't have the stones to say we still need another upgrade. I could not tell you squat about how pricing has stacked up... Has become moot. I would venture a switch to another CAM system before talking about another upgrade so soon. Could have been due to an office guy with NO cad/cam or machining background, and a salesman... It would make using Bob MUCH easier!

anyone have a link to predator ?