586,117 active members*
3,606 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 6 of 9 45678
    Mike,

Lots of hard work in this. Looks great. I have had some issues since I installed it on my iPad. When I try to use the 'AUTO TOOL ZERO' is blanks Mach3's screen on the PC and basically locks up everything. I tried to reset from the iPad with no luck. I had to reload my Mach screenset which put Mach into reset and then I could get control back again. Then when I did a jog with X+ it ran away out of control. I couldn't find any documentation that would explain what 'AUTO TOOL ZERO' does. I tried to use putty.exe to capture the traffic but when I pressed the 'AUTO TOOL ZERO' button there was no traffic. There was when I would do an axis jog (before things get locked up). Maybe there is some problem with my screenset - MachStdMill. I'm afraid to really use this right now.

Zeke

The auto tool zero function is set to just "click" the auto tool zero button. It doesn't contain any logic. You need to set your script inside the auto tool zero button in mach3. I have not used machstdmill, but if it doesn't have an auto tool zero button that might be your problem.

Just an update for those interested:

A new version has been released that includes customized macro buttons. Use them for auto tool zero, special tool changes, homing, go to safe z, park position - whatever you can program into a macro! The original auto tool zero button was removed as Mach doesnt have it set up properly to allow external access. You can now do the auto tool zero through one of the customized macro buttons.

Make sure to install the new Server applet to make use of the macros (Version 1.0.4.0)

For those asking, still no solution for shift lock on jogging.

Just out of curiosity, I bought the iPhone version a while back and do love it, but I just got an iPad and was wondering if the version I have will work on the iPad.

Unfortunately no, they are seperate versions. You can probably use the iphone version in "iphone mode" on the ipad, but it won't be nearly as nice as the full blown ipad version

Just got this up and running with my Momus CNC and so far its great! I have a crappy wifi adapter on my shop PC that sometimes causes the commands to not be as instant as Id like but I do not believe this has anything to do with the app. Im going to get a better more powerful wifi adapter then see if that doesnt take care of things.
    Its really nice to be able to be at the machine making adjustments, taking measurements that sort of thing as I am just now in the setup and config mode of my build. I can see where Pendant is going to be a huge asset to my setup!!

The problem with lag is almost always due to connection strength. Putting a wifi repeater near your machine, a better wifi dongle with antenna, or better still a hard line Ethernet connection are the best ways to overcome this. Since the communication with the machine is in real time you want to do everything you can to eliminate any delay

Just downloaded, Looking forward to geting this up and running.A note though I would put your price up! id pay $20 at least and if it meant more development faster then everyone wins. And i would buy android version also. But great work very impressed.

I may increase the price in the future when more features are added, for now its okay. I wont be creating an android version - not fluent enough to spend the time doing it. Some guy made an android pendant recently, but I cant say how well it works as I havent used it.

Some ideas I have for the future of the app:

- Tool Table: Manage a tool table in the app so you always have a copy of your tool table with you. Would make a good reference for Tool numbers while programming cam. Would also build in the ability to sync the table to Mach3 so you could do all your tool management from your iOS device offline and then simply sync to the machine next time you connected.

- Speeds and Feeds wizard: Something like a trimmed down simplified speeds and feeds wizard (similiar to GWizard, but for iOS and with less features...to start anyway). This one would be a large undertaking, but might be nice to have a Feeds and Speeds wizard on your iPad. Last time we spoke, Bob Warfield @ GWizard said he no longer has intentions of creating an iOS version of his wizard. This may have changed since we talked, so take that with a grain of salt. Its too bad, because we all love GWizard, and having it on iOS would be great!

- Skins? : Potentially allowing a user to upload their own custom skin files to the app? The buttons would all be in the same place, but would allow users to upload their own graphics so as to customize color or styling.

- Shift-Jog: Alot of people have asked for a way to do speed jogging (Shift + Jog). So far, I have not come up with a way to accomplish this, but may keep trying.

What do you guys think of these ideas? Any that you like more than others? Any other ideas?

Refallhome button

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

You should be able to do this already using the new custom macro buttons

Is there sound for mic? i still havnt hooked mine up yet to find out.

i dont need feeds or speeds or skins. But shift jog could be good.

If your camera http feed has sound, it will allow sound in the app. One thing I would like to try personally is streaming a gopro to the app. I've read you can create an http stream page for a gopro, which means it *should* work.

Shift jog is definetely something on the list, and I'm trying, but I can't find any ways in mach yet to emulate that condition. I may have to hack around it. Will keep everyone updated.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemaat View Post
    I may increase the price in the future when more features are added, for now its okay. I wont be creating an android version - not fluent enough to spend the time doing it. Some guy made an android pendant recently, but I cant say how well it works as I havent used it.

Some ideas I have for the future of the app:

- Tool Table: Manage a tool table in the app so you always have a copy of your tool table with you. Would make a good reference for Tool numbers while programming cam. Would also build in the ability to sync the table to Mach3 so you could do all your tool management from your iOS device offline and then simply sync to the machine next time you connected.

- Speeds and Feeds wizard: Something like a trimmed down simplified speeds and feeds wizard (similiar to GWizard, but for iOS and with less features...to start anyway). This one would be a large undertaking, but might be nice to have a Feeds and Speeds wizard on your iPad. Last time we spoke, Bob Warfield @ GWizard said he no longer has intentions of creating an iOS version of his wizard. This may have changed since we talked, so take that with a grain of salt. Its too bad, because we all love GWizard, and having it on iOS would be great!

- Skins? : Potentially allowing a user to upload their own custom skin files to the app? The buttons would all be in the same place, but would allow users to upload their own graphics so as to customize color or styling.

- Shift-Jog: Alot of people have asked for a way to do speed jogging (Shift + Jog). So far, I have not come up with a way to accomplish this, but may keep trying.

What do you guys think of these ideas? Any that you like more than others? Any other ideas?
    Hey, thanks for the App! I hope it's a great success, and makes you as wealthy as those "flying pigs" guys! You have a great value for the price in my opinion, considering that the *cheapest* pendant I've seen on eBay is $24. I was skeptical enough to read the whole thread before deciding that $9.99 is worth it if it works half as good as appearances.

I just downloaded the iPhone (5c) version (I always have my phone, but seldom have an iPad by the machines).

I haven't had a chance to set it up with the machine yet, but since you asked for feedback on future enhancements...
    - Skins - You bet, great idea, that would be a great way to allow people to make certain controls Larger/Smaller, commonly used buttons to the screen they are usually on etc.
    - "Swipe" between screens - I find myself trying to swipe between "Jog", and "Macros"
    - A macro button (or two) on the jog screen - Assuming this isn't addressed by skins. I use "Goto Home" and "Auto tool zero" all the time, but usually no other macros.
    - A scroll or dropdown on the "Macros" screen - That way there isn't a limit to the number of Macros that can be set up.

Great feedback, thanks!

Quick question... does the PC running Mach3 need to be hooked up to the internet when installing the applett? I tried installing last night and got a download error... any workaround? I don't have internet access in the shop, I "sneaker net" files from my development computer to the cut machine.

Is there any way I can download the file(s) that it's trying to get off the internet?

For the installation it may be trying to access microsoft's site to download the .net framework. You should be able to download it from here Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center.

After installation, the PC does not need "internet" access to run but will need to be on the same network as the iphone/ipad.

Thanks for the quick response!I tried it that night and it worked perfectly .

For the Non-Geeks and posterity:

-The way I've set this up is I have a cheap ($5 from garage sales, $10 and up on eBay) Linksys WRT54G wireless router. It has 4 "Hardwire" ports in the back (plus 1 "Internet" port where you would hook up a cable or DSL modem).
    -From the router I have cable(s) going to my Machine(s). With this setup I can hook up 4 machines wired, and 255 devices wirelessly or through additional hubs, routers and switches.
    -I can then connect my Laptop (which has Vectric Aspire installed for my editing) and now my iPhone/iPad wirelessly.

The reason I do it this way is it keeps me from having to install antivirus on each of the PCs running Mach3.
    Side benefits are that I can save job files directly to the machine (by turning on sharing of specific folders). And I can control any machine remotely from my laptop using remote assistance (although I have to go to the machine and click OK to connect and allow control.

With my laptop (which does have antivirus software) I connect to the internet by selecting a different network, downloading what I need and then reconnecting to the "CNC network".

I do need to mention that the webcam function does not work using this method... (I don't have a true web cam, just a USB cam pointed at the machine plugged into the USB port on the Mach3 PC). I tried adding "//192.168.1.105/cutcam" in the machine setup, and all I got was a blank white screen. Not a big deal for me, maybe a future upgrade?

Oh, another Idea for an upgrade is the ability to capture video/pictures from the cam to the iDevice... I'm starting to post them to Youtube!

Camaster POV video - YouTube

Great explanation. You can definitely run the application without Internet access as hannamand has explained

I just discovered your iPad pendant app today…. I installed it, and got it running without any difficulty. Since I can jog all three axes on my CNC router, I assume that all of the software and communication issues are correct, but for the life of me, I can't get the "Step" jog feature to work. Continuous jogging works great…. but no stepping, regardless of what increment I have the steps set to. Do you have any suggestions about what to try? Thanks for a GREAT app! $10 is way too cheap, in my humble opinion…. :-)

Page 6 of 9 45678