586,103 active members*
3,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Seicos MYII control (Fanuc type) variables

Seicos MYII control (Fanuc type) variables

Hi folks. I'm trying to find out what the system variable is for the spindle tool on the above control. I'm making a macro similar to one I did for a Mori horizontal to check tool lengths of tools at tool change to ensure no typos from dopey operator. I've trawled the manuals but can't find which system variable relates to the spindle tool. On the Mori it is #148. Anyone any ideas or know some clever site where I can find system variable lists?
    In case a more detailed explanation is needed. My macro looks at spindle tool variable, adds that number onto a the basic variable for tool length and another for tool wear to give total tool length in the offset page for the spindle tool that I then compare to a master program. If it is different by a set tolerance then bing bong alarm. Hope that makes sense.
    Thanks

Well I havn't done anything with a MYII so don't know what Fanuc control is actually behind the name. Our Sigma10M is actually a Fanuc 16M and is #4400 It should be the standard fanuc number for the control.

Also look in "instruction manual programming" book in the custom macro area.

Dale

Thanks, yeah I found that in one of our manuals too (We have some Sigma versions) but it alarmed out with 'undefined variable' when I tried it on the MYII. I've been moooching some more and found #4120 as system variable for T number. I think that will be for last T value read, but the macro I intend to use will run at tool change, so that might be OK. I'm not at work till 2pm UK time (8am here). So I'll post back later if it works.
    Cheers

Yep! #4120 would work as it is last tool call commanded, but I finally found the one I was after. Spindle tool variable for Seicos MYII is #57104. Woohoo!!!! Only took me a day and a half. Thanks for trying dpuch.