586,119 active members*
3,655 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Diemaking / Diecutting > Need a Jig for a router for a dies

Need a Jig for a router for a dies

I am reproducing some plastic inserts or blisters for vintage toys in the 80's. Fans of the toys from the 80's reuse the plastic insert or blister so they can display their vintage toys. I have made the mold and vacuum formed the insert blister. Some of these blisters have a very unique shape. Buying die are to expensive and I don't have a clicker press. I want to make a jig to fit over the plastic insert or blister so I can route the extra plastic to give it a die cut look. I have been hand cutting my jigs, but I am not that great I need to make about 50 jigs.

I have scanned a picture of what the jigs will look like. The middle will be hallow. I thought about have it printed in 3d plastic but if I could have it cnc this might be the easiest.

I was told to use autodesk 123d make the templates, however I can't figure out this program. Is there any other programs I could use that are free or do you have any other suggestions?

Attachment 181192

Re: Need a Jig for a router for a dies

the1toyplace, hello I see that your are trying to make these parts and I know that I am very late to respond but if you are still looking for this I could make this die fairly cheap and cut it in house for you since I have a clicker press. I cannot tell how big that drawing is which is why I am saying fairly cheap but if you are still interested or for any of your future needs give me a call or shoot me and email at 414-265-6058, [email protected] I also have some other information that could help you just contact me at your convenience.