586,075 active members*
3,871 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Simple question about reset after Not Ready

Simple question about reset after Not Ready

Finally after being built out and got my machine in place after 2.5 years, I now have to start up my DahLih with Fanuc 0M.
    I is an real beginner in fanuc.
    The very first time a test home run XYZ and it works fine. Then I test MDI. It works fine.
    Next time I doing the X-home run the speed was a little bit to high. The screen let me now Not Ready but no more as -X override.

Now I try to move the X shaft but don´t find any button. 2 ours later I foun an springswitch outside the cabinet. EMG release.
    It works fine and I drive the X-shaft a bit and than home run it. Same with Y and Z. When I realease the spring switch the system wrote same
    on the screen Not Ready. I try Reset button with no result. My books don´t tell me what I need to do after this.

About the air. Can the machinery works without air if I don´t need any ATC command. Do I expect any error code?
    My test was doing under no air load.
    This is to hard to me but maybe simple for you. Do you have time to help me on the way.

sounds like x overtravel switch stuck when it hit.

I've never seen a worse run machine. They had driven aluminum and apparently with proper tools when there are chips everywhere. Whether it's behind the plates or prisms on the X axis. I know that the previous owner had problems with the X and Y homing sometimes. When I checked the ATC I found no switch (the sensor) first but when I took it down so it was 150mm chips over the sensor. So you may be right. I can take them down and see.
    I suspect that there may be tough oil if nothing else.

Thanks for your response!

tc429
    You were right.
    The switch for the Z axis was full of chips and that one ridge was stuck. It now remains to look at the other two.

Thank you for the smart advice!