586,121 active members*
3,061 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

False E-Stops? Noise Problems?

I have been just the breakout board of my machine to a PMDX-126 from the little one that came in the longs motor kit.
    But now that I have the new board installed I am running into random ghost e-stops!

With the old board I had the debounce set at 200 and it would run perfectly.
    Now with the new board I still get bad e-stops when it is set at 3500! At this debouce the machine runs into the hard stops before my limit switches are triggered. This does not seem safe to me. What is the max debouce that should be used?

I only get the ghost e-stops when the inverter is on, but the spindle does not have to be running. I have a Chinese 2.2kw spindle with a Hitachi x200 inverter.
    I bought a Hitachi EMI Filter, NF-CEH20, to get rid of the problem, but it has not helped, $130 down the drain!

It has gotten a little better since I ran a ground wire from the case of the computer to the ground in the eletronics box.

If I unhook everything except drivers from the breakout board and install a jumper in pin 10 (the e-stop pin) I still get some problem e-stops even though there no e-stop circuit or switch hooked up.

Here is the thread on my build that has be running a year without these problems until I made the upgrade of the board.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Case
    Attachment 181246

New Board
    Attachment 181247

Old Board
    Attachment 181249

Inverter and EMI Filter
    Attachment 181248

The cable out to the motor does not appear to be twisted conductor type? If not it is at least important to have this also a ground conductor ran from the VFD to motor.
    Also in a few detected cases, the ground pin on the spindle motor does not actually go to frame ground in the motor, check this for a start.
    As to noise reduction, it would have been better to get a 3 phase inductor/choke to wire in the motor leads.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

The cable to from the vfd to the motor is 4 conductor shielded flex cable with the shield and ground wire grounded to the vfd. Do I need to run another wire back to the ground in the box from the motor side of the vfd.
    The ground and shielding in the cable is grounded to the spindle (checked) and the the spindle is connected to the machine frame which is grounded.

What do you mean by 3 phase inductor/choke?
    AC Reactor? DC Choke link? or something else?
    On what side motor side or supply side of vfd.

As long as you have a ground conductor to both VFD and motor that should be OK.
    Reactor is another name, most of the VFD manuf sell under Inductor or choke, they can be fitted in both the input conductors or the motor leads.
    If only fitting one, I prefer on the motor side.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.