Hello,

I have a 4 axis router table that has been setup in Mach3 for a while now. I am in the process of setting it up to work in Linuxcnc also. In Mach3 I have been using a Contour Shuttle Pro as a pendant, almost the entire time it's been set up. I have Linuxcnc setup and running, however I am struggling with learning how to setup pins. All the manuals and information bounces around. I really want to get my Shuttle working.

First, let me say that I read about the Shuttle Express component in Linuxcnc. It will not work with my shuttle pro because of the hard coded Product ID and Vendor ID.

I did manage to load hidcomp and set permissions. I also created the hid configuration file. Now, hidcomp sets up pins in hal for all the buttons, the wheel, and the center dial. I can figure out the buttons, but I don't understand how to set the wheel or dial. I get lost with the different data types and how to use them. I am hoping to be able to select the axis with buttons and jog them with the wheel. The center dial I would like to use for either incremental jog or feedrate override.

Here are the pins hid comp creates for the wheel and dial:

12 s32 OUT 0 hidcomp.0.hidcomp.dial.count
12 float OUT 0 hidcomp.0.hidcomp.dial.position
12 s32 OUT 0 hidcomp.0.hidcomp.dial.raw
12 bit I/O FALSE hidcomp.0.hidcomp.dial.reset
12 float OUT 0.0038 hidcomp.0.hidcomp.wheel.fvalue
12 u32 OUT 0x0000139B hidcomp.0.hidcomp.wheel.ivalue
12 s32 OUT 0 hidcomp.0.hidcomp.wheel.raw

Any help would be greatly appreciated.