586,651 active members*
2,876 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

glentek amp repair

I have three glentek dc servo amps that need repair.Can anyone recomend a shop to repair them?Any idea what it might cost each?

You may be better off looking for more modern replacement like A-M-C for e.g.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Glen Rowe repairs "legacy" equipment, especially Fanuc stuff - he works at place called Billor down in Texas.

They do have a website - do a google for "Billor" or something close.

I have no affiliation with him...

Why not have Glentek do it? Had them repair one of mine about a year ago.

Do you remember how much it cost to have glentek repair them?

Well actually kind of lucked out. It did not cost me anything. Drive died on my Lagun 250 after 7 years. Called Lagun and they wanted around $650.00 to repair. Called Glentek (the OEM) and asked what they wanted for repair. They shut me down right after I gave them part number/serial number on circuit board. Said that drive was manufactured for Lagun (I did not tell them) and that I would have to go through them. So I thought I would make an attempt at finding some simple component that was dead. I had 2 good drives to compare with. Low and behold I found a diode that was inserted backwards on the circuit board. I know this because the silk screened legend showed the correct orientation. Why did it work in the first place you ask? The diode was only a safegaurd to protect against back emf to an IC. Apparently not a common occurance. When I informed Glentek that there was stuffing error on the drive and showed them with a digital picture they repaired the drive at no charge without me going through Lagun. A company that stands behind there product.