586,103 active members*
3,733 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Has Promica gone out of business?

Webpages are still up, and the phones haven't been cut-off, but no email responses, no forum posts, and phone calls go unanswered.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on whether Mark has gone out of business?

I'm hoping not, but the signs don't look good.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark,
    I have heard that Marc is/was ill and that his Promica business was suffering as a result. I also read that he had to go back to regular full time work to pay the bills. I have tried to contact him to purchase an extra axis card for my IC3A controller but so far no replies and no quote when I submitted one to his website. Unforturnately the axis cards in his controllers seem to be a special build and there does not seem to be anything like them on the market. If anyone has some info about where I could get one I would be grateful. It's disappointing that there now seems to be no support for what seems like a good product. Not his fault but this is the problem with being a one man band.

Thanks Preso, it's as I feared.
    He must have given up, or I'm sure he would have posted on his Promica forum, or this one about the status of his business, rather than no contact at all.
    Seems the only option is the CNC Fusion kit from the US.
    I'd much rather support an Australian business, especially as the Promica kit was a superior product, but clearly the local market wasn't big enough to support him.
    Good luck with your hunt, maybe a Chinese company will pirate the design....... :-(