586,075 active members*
4,291 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

OMNI-CNC 1325 on its way!

Well it's been about a month since I started my conversation with Christina from OMNI. And I received an email saying my machine shipped on April 20th. Not sure how long it will take to get to the states but I am sure it will be worth the wait. Look for more posts and a big write up on the machine when it arrives.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Hey John,
    Aha, it will arrive you soon, hope your business goes better everday
    Christina

Hi Tina,

Yeah I spoke with the freight company yesterday and they said I should have it by the 6th of June. Looking forward to getting it in my shop. Will post lots of pictures and video when it arrives.

John

Thanks dear. now you can read the manuals when you have time, and will you make design by yourself or you have engineers to do that? i will also give you some designs for you to text your machine. but you should also start to learn it now. i will send you an email later.Attachment 185142Attachment 185144Attachment 185146Attachment 185148Attachment 185150

Re: OMNI-CNC 1325 on its way!

I'm interested in buying a 1325 from OMNI. I've communicated a lot with Katy there, and she has been friendly and helpful.

I'd like to know how the machine is performing.

I'd also like to know about specifics concerning importing to the US. That is my biggest roadblock right now. Katy gave me information of duty fees, customs, and other fees, but I'd like some first-hand knowledge of what is required so when I go to the port, there aren't any surprises.

Also curious myself, Omni is probably top on my list for a replacement / additional machine. Also curious if Servo or Stepper on this machine.

Importing is relatively painless I would expect, just get a quote from a freight agent first and let them take care of the details. Allow $1000 for the logistics and a little more if you're inland and you should be good to go. I imported a couple of lasers and it was relatively smooth as far as the paperwork went (admittedly, to Canada, not US).

There is some important papers that need to be filed. It's kind of confusing. I have imported 4 of these things in and I will suggest hiring a broker. They are not expensive. If you need a recommendation please shoot me a PM. I am happy to help in anyway I can. My machine are still running great. Not a single issue. Thank you again Omni and Christina Chen.

John

John,

Glad to hear the machine is running well. Here are my main quesions.

1) How is the machine for backlash? A lot, a little, easy to compensate for? (probably a function of the control more than the machine)
    2) Are you running Mach or the DSP?
    3) If the machine should come with a gantry off of square/level, can it be adjusted?
    Or, another way to put it is how does the machine determine square? Mine current machine uses a limit switch off both motors for example and makes an adjustment in software.
    4) What did you get for documentation, wiring diagrams, etc?

Since I'm looking at an ATC with the syntec control if I go Omni myself, I can't think of too much else to ask about, but presumably if the motion is smooth with steppers it would be better on servos.....what speeds are you getting with steppers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jzarski View Post
    There is some important papers that need to be filed. It's kind of confusing. I have imported 4 of these things in and I will suggest hiring a broker. They are not expensive. If you need a recommendation please shoot me a PM. I am happy to help in anyway I can. My machine are still running great. Not a single issue. Thank you again Omni and Christina Chen.

John
    Hi John

I too have just ordered the machine from on be the same as yours. I have yet hire a broker but am looking for one and would love your recommendation on this part.

Thanx in advance

Tim

Hey Tim,

I use King freight in LA for all my brokering and freight forwarding. They are great. My contact there is Peter Sen. If you PM me I will give you his contact number. He is bring in four more machine this month. They are a great company to work with. They might not be the cheapest but again there great to work with. Hope this helps.

John

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	259170

Hi John

Thanx for the info. I called the port today and told them of my intentions and they gave me a contact number that is local to my port of a shipping/broker. I am waiting on a reply from then now.

If this doesn't pan out I will hit you up for that contact & number.

Thanx for the reply. Nice Machines. I went with the H Frame but the T sure looks sharp.

Tim

PS. Your PM is full LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jzarski View Post
    Hey Tim,

I use King freight in LA for all my brokering and freight forwarding. They are great. My contact there is Peter Sen. If you PM me I will give you his contact number. He is bring in four more machine this month. They are a great company to work with. They might not be the cheapest but again there great to work with. Hope this helps.

John
    Hi John

My machine came yesterday, still unpacking. I did not get a manual. Do you have one?

What manual are you needing? The one for the DSP or one for the machine?

John

For the machine

I think I might have a hard copy of it at my shop. It's not really much of a manual but I can scan it and email it. Are you have an issue with the machine? If I can help in any way let me know. My machines just showed up Tuesday. Got then all hooked up and running.

John

I was wanting to confirm the wiring at the control box so I make the cord for power.

I am running 220 phase 1

L1 and N are the two hots. Then you should have a ground on the side of the control panel. The green wire goes there. There is no neutral. I suggest using 10/2 SO cord. Home Depot has it for about $1.90 a foot. I use a 220v 20A twist lock plug and socket for my machines.

John

The groun is what I am looking for

Page 1 of 2 12