586,108 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RENCO encoder replacement

Hi guys;

I use Renco encoder type RCH20D-2000/3-8-5/0-LD/VC-M6-S for the servo motor, however Renco stop producing this type of encoder, could help to suggest any replace type of eoncoder. The detail data please refer to attached file. In my case, the pin number 8 is a special signal ABS, which use for commutation.

Tks and with best regards

York
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why don't you contact Renco and ask them for a suitable replacement??

However i need to pay Renco 3000USD for retrofit, therefore i search for a new type or brand encoder.

Okay, well that clears up the confusion....since it's an LD (line driver)....you probably can't use the US Digital Encoders....unless you're willing to use a single-ended encoder....and the servo is a brushless servo??

It is AC brushless servo motor of Electro-Craft type H-4030. In generally, i could find encoder which have normal channel like A/B, Index, u, v, w, however the special signal ABS is not common.

what drive are you using to run these motors? Some of the drives that will work with this series don't need the "abs" track.

Hi Mr. Unterhaus;

Thank you for your e-mail. the driver is BRU200 of Electro-Craft, for my application, ABS track is must need. Do you have any information about ABS track?

Renco RCH20D Replacements

Here is EPC's web page Rotary Encoders By Encoder Products Company

Thanks
    Bill
    Attached Files Attached Files

contact ur local danaher controls dynapar encoder rep; he can get u a drop in exact replacement for this - it is a common enough encoder.

I missed also pointing out EPC (Encoder Products Corp) also has drop in replacements for this - Thanks for the reminder EPC Bill!

Hi guys,
    I have every type ranco encorder if you have need contact me ([email protected])

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid.Ins-Tek View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have every type ranco encorder if you have need contact me ([email protected])
    They must be old stock as it looks like Heidenhain has reduced Renco to a shadow of its former self since the take over.
    Under Renco I found it handy as every so often throughout the year they would list their over runs on ebay for 10¢ on the $ .:devious:
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

u did see the exact drop in replacement offer, right?

Quote Originally Posted by yorkma View Post
    Hi guys;

I use Renco encoder type RCH20D-2000/3-8-5/0-LD/VC-M6-S for the servo motor, however Renco stop producing this type of encoder, could help to suggest any replace type of eoncoder. The detail data please refer to attached file. In my case, the pin number 8 is a special signal ABS, which use for commutation.

Tks and with best regards

York
    York, You DID see EPC Bill's reply below that gave you an EXACT drop in replacement model, right???

What more do you want or need?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    York, You DID see EPC Bill's reply below that gave you an EXACT drop in replacement model, right???
    Although the answer was 6 years later!
    Hopefully he didn't have to wait that long?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

OMG! AL, i didnt see that! so funny!