586,036 active members*
3,517 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fagor Automation > X axis stalls during program, a light push on the table gets it going.(8025)

X axis stalls during program, a light push on the table gets it going.(8025)

Not exactly a Fagor specific problem, but this forum seems most appropriate.

The machine is a CMS (Upgrade Technologies) GT-27 lathe. The stall happens at the end of a G1 in the -X direction. During a stall the display shows the move is completed (Distance to go= 0.000), but also shows 'In Execution'.

If I push on the table in the -X direction with a couple pounds of force the program will continue. If I 'pull' on the table in the +X direction while running (again, just a couple pounds force) it will usually stall. Another push in the -X direction and the program will continue.

Any GT-27 owners had this problem? Probably the servo or encoder?

QB

Quote Originally Posted by mp- View Post
    Not exactly a Fagor specific problem, but this forum seems most appropriate.

The machine is a CMS (Upgrade Technologies) GT-27 lathe. The stall happens at the end of a G1 in the -X direction. During a stall the display shows the move is completed (Distance to go= 0.000), but also shows 'In Execution'.

If I push on the table in the -X direction with a couple pounds of force the program will continue. If I 'pull' on the table in the +X direction while running (again, just a couple pounds force) it will usually stall. Another push in the -X direction and the program will continue.

Any GT-27 owners had this problem? Probably the servo or encoder?

QB
    TO me this sounds like a mechanical issue (possibly motor torque is not enough) or maybe there is a following error on the x axis but is still within alarm limits

I don't see it being encoder
    motor or drive are the possible candidates, can you swap the drive from the other axis, if same model?
    Try removing the motor mechanically, leave electrically connected and attempt a load on the shaft and see if it stalls easily?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.