586,096 active members*
3,762 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > SPEEDS AND FEEDS WILL NOTTRANSFER FROM TOOL

SPEEDS AND FEEDS WILL NOTTRANSFER FROM TOOL

I know it is a dumb question but I seemed to have messed with some config setting for my tools. I used to be able to click on a tool from my tool list and the speeds and feeds populated automatically, now, I have to re-type in the fields everytime, ? very frustrating. any clue what it might be ? thanks

Previous post may help... link

Have you actually set speed & feeds on the tool..... not in the operation ?
    - re-selecting the tool again should update all the fields in the operation....unless it has been "locked out", refer to the link for unchecking the "lock feeds / speeds"

yes, I defined the tool originally and made a mistake on the spindle speed , I then clicked edit tool went back into the parameters of the tool, made the change and re-selected the tool on the list but the SS field did not show the update, I then just typed it in the field again and rolled with it but I know I must have a done something wrong because I have never had this happen before. thanks, I will try anything you can think of, where is "LOCK SPEEDS AND FEEDS" located?

Hit the word... link

tried the link idea superman and made sure the box was checked ---"USE TOLLS STEP PECK" still not updating..........? frutrating

select another tool for that operation and then reselect the original tool. that should take care of the problem.
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

I tried that cncking, and still the spindle speed does not change...........?

there is a option when I right-click to re-initialize speeds and feeds and that works but that is more mouse clicks than should be.....

Quote Originally Posted by cncbeastmaster View Post
    tried the link idea superman and made sure the box was checked ---"USE TOLLS STEP PECK" still not updating..........? frutrating
    You did both areas ??
    .... Machine Group Properties and in the Config file .......
    I think the one in the config file is new in X5...and is missed by a lot of PPL

we are running X6 and I am not seeing anything in the config area or in the control def. ?

There is one in the system config file, under the "Toolpaths" tab

It is the last check item called "Lock Feedrates" --- must be ticked to be able to auto-update speeds & feeds in your ops

found it !! thank you