586,096 active members*
3,635 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Spindle Choices

Hey Guys,

Looking for a little information on the pros and cons about different spindles. I'm looking around the 2KW range. I have looked at the RA series PDS Colombo, some HSDs, the and the Keling KL-2200. i have a home built 36'x48'x6' router table and i cut wood, plastics and aluminum on it. I currently use a Bosch router and it is loud and the bearings are going in it again and have been thinking of upgrading. If you have information on the matching VFD to use with these that would also be greatly appreciated.

The KL-2200 is a 3 HP spindle. I just received one thru Automation Technology inc. High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Automation Technology Inc I haven't put power to it yet but did put my .0001 indicator on the spindle taper and there was no run out. Put in a Techniks ER20 collet with a ground 1/4 shaft. Measured the run out on the shaft at less than .0001 at 1 inch out on shaft. Ill be powering it up in a couple weeks. The water cooled spindles are very quiet and at a good price. This is my first spindle of this type.
    Joe

Thanks Joe - I would love it if you could keep me updated on your progress. I'd love to know your plans for the water system.