586,082 active members*
3,733 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Predator Colors - Syntax Highlighting.
Page 1 of 2 12

Predator Colors - Syntax Highlighting.

As there is no Forum for Predator and it came packaged with Bob, I thought it best to post this here.

Colors, Syntax Highlighting settings do not stick and if I open Predator outwith Bob then they definitely do not stick and the Format, Colors, option is not available. Each time it is opened all I have is black on white...my settings have gone.

This problem occasionally occurred with V23 but seems more prevalent with V25.

Anyone else have this or know of a fix.
    V25, Dell T3700 Xeon, 16GB, Nvidia 4000, Win 7 64bit 2 x 22" Dell Monitors.
    Moulds completed: 130

I have re-created this problem and reported it. If you encounter something like this it is best to report to us.. (BobCAD) then we will get it handled. Issues can be reported here..
    Submit Issue
    For the time being just make sure to have BobCAD open and the license will be read properly and you will be given all of your options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sowen View Post
    I have re-created this problem and reported it. If you encounter something like this it is best to report to us.. (BobCAD) then we will get it handled. Issues can be reported here..
    Submit Issue
    For the time being just make sure to have BobCAD open and the license will be read properly and you will be given all of your options.
    Thanks and I have reported it now. What surprises me is this has been around since V23.

I have just experimented and having BobCAD open makes no difference. Pred must be opened through Edit CNC at least once before it will open fully functional via any other means.

Well that got short change. They replied saying I have to pay a subscription to tell them there's a fault with the software. I suppose that sums up why it's been a fault for the last 4 or 5 years.

I had to reload Predator and it worked fine for a while, now it's back to black and white again. I also noticed that I can not re-number my programs.
    Mighty Viper VMC-950, Acromax MX-16, Bridgeport Boss 5, Tongil Panther ST-20, Bridgeport-Romi PowerPath 15, Lagun FTV-2, BobCAD V26,V25, Dolphin V13

Quote Originally Posted by ranchak View Post
    I had to reload Predator and it worked fine for a while, now it's back to black and white again. I also noticed that I can not re-number my programs.
    I think this is a common 'known' glitch and I doubt we have much recourse as it's bundled in 'FREE' with Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Force View Post
    I think this is a common 'known' glitch and I doubt we have much recourse as it's bundled in 'FREE' with Bob.
    I'm not sure if the free one is supposed to provide the extra features?

Anyway, things work here, accept for the predator reading a license when launched from outside of BobCad. I think this is what Sean was refering to that he will report.

The prefs stick, until it is launched in "free mode" which strips everything down again (The pref values are written to the registry by the predator executable). Predator launches from the modules menu, and also with a right click in the post manager (Be sure that neither program is set to "run as admin" or "compatability mode"......

If you are unable to run predator from the post manager window, then this should be looked at.

To have your prefs persist, always launch predator from BobCad.

Well that got short change. They replied saying I have to pay a subscription to tell them there's a fault with the software. I suppose that sums up why it's been a fault for the last 4 or 5 years.
    Burr is correct , I did submit the issue myself for you. Development even looked over the problem yesterday and they are working on a solution.

What your saying should not have happened.

Can you either pm me the ticket number that was created or post it here?
    I can then find out who replied, how they replied and handle it appropriately.

Here is what should have happened when you report an issue.

When you go to support.bobcad.com and are not logged in.... (Do not have a support membership).

You get a few choices on submitting or requesting support...

Installation assistance
    Development- Bug Report, Feature Requests
    Software Registration

Attachment 183416

When you submit an issue as a "Bug" the issue is evaluated by support if the issue is a bug issue it is then reported to development and the original person that submitted the issue is notified.

If the issue is not found to be a bug or reproducible on our end, then you may be notified that a active support membership is required.

The full functionality is unlocked by purchasing the upgraded editor. When you first install you get a trail that includes all features. After registration or when the trail expires only the licences modules are available. This is not a glitch , it is an evaluation period.

The full functionality is unlocked by purchasing the upgraded editor. When you first install you get a trail that includes all features. After registration or when the trail expires only the licences modules are available. This is not a glitch , it is an evaluation period.
    a few post ago you were saying it's a problem ?

I think something needs to be cleared up....

Does the free version include "syntax highlighting"?

And, Does Force have level 2 predator?

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I think something needs to be cleared up....

Does the free version include "syntax highlighting"?

And, Does Force have level 2 predator?
    The version that came with V23 and V25 (V7 I believe) does and when opened through Bob it does have syntax most of the time but I have found sometimes (rarely) not.

There are times when I don't want (need) the have Bob running but wish to open a program to check/mode it or run it but then Pred does not have syntax highlighting or for that matter the ability to run the G code simulation. It is bare bones software.

Maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill here but it does seem to vary.

Two issues here...

1. "Colors, Syntax Highlighting settings do not stick and if I open Predator outwith Bob then they definitely do not stick and the Format, Colors, option is not available. Each time it is opened all I have is black on white...my settings have gone."

If fully licensed (Like on my system), the editor should maintain its license and previous settings that were made when originally installed and launched from BobCAD.

The exact issue that I have found/ reproduced is that when launching the editor alone without BobCAD the syntax highlight was not available. (Even Though it is licensed.)

This seems to be an issue and is being handled...

2."I doubt we have much recourse as it's bundled in 'FREE' with Bob."

If the software is the included Base package of the editor then syntax highlighting and other options will be disabled after a trial period.

-------If you provide me with a ticket ID number I can provide you with what your editor should be doing.

Sorry for the confusion....

Being assumptive - I think Force may have found a bug for a product that he does not own.... ?

Force - In your software click on help then license...

If you have a check next to "Edit/DNC > Standard" then no, you should not have the syntax highlight or any other added features.

If you have a check next to "Edit/DNC > PRO" then yes, you should have the syntax highlight and other added features.

If you can pm me your customer ID or ticket number I can check myself.... then let you know what it should be..

Two issues here...

1. "Colors, Syntax Highlighting settings do not stick and if I open Predator outwith Bob then they definitely do not stick and the Format, Colors, option is not available. Each time it is opened all I have is black on white...my settings have gone."

If fully licensed (Like on my system), the editor should maintain its license and previous settings that were made when originally installed and launched from BobCAD.

The exact issue that I have found/ reproduced is that when launching the editor alone without BobCAD the syntax highlight was not available. (Even Though it is licensed.)

This seems to be an issue and is being handled...

2."I doubt we have much recourse as it's bundled in 'FREE' with Bob."

If the software is the included Base package of the editor then syntax highlighting and other options will be disabled after a trial period.

-------If you provide me with a ticket ID number I can provide you with what your editor should be doing.

Exactly Sowen,how it's been always.
    Just don't open without BoB open.Not a problem
    Level 2 is an add on module
    Force,,check your license,,if you getting Syntax highlighting on level one,,that is a Bonus.

Sorry for the confusion....

Being assumptive - I think Force may have found a bug for a product that he does not own.... ?

Force - In your software click on help then license...

If you have a check next to "Edit/DNC > Standard" then no, you should not have the syntax highlight or any other added features.

If you have a check next to "Edit/DNC > PRO" then yes, you should have the syntax highlight and other added features.

If you can pm me your customer ID or ticket number I can check myself.... then let you know what it should be..
    Thanks Sowen, I think I may have found the problem...64bit.

We have 2 seats of BobCad (895) with Edit/DNC Std/Pro, which I assume is Predator and it is version 2005.7.0.40.

One seat is loaded on my work comp running Win 7 64 bit, the other on my home comp running XP 32 bit. Having just checked my home comp, it is 100% OK. I can load up Predator with or outwith BobCAD and it has the Syntax and Backplot functions.

The problem has been on my work comp so could this be a 64 bit version problem or an install error on it. I am back in on Tuesday next so will do a little more investigation.

"The prefs stick, until it is launched in "free mode" which strips everything down again"

I don't think you are correct about this. I don't remember opening Predator from my desktop, but I do know that the syntax colors went away. Also I am almost positive I saw somewhere about the program renumbering, I think I also used it.

I am also using the 64 bit version, but I think my shop PC is 32 bit. That might be the one that I saw the renumbering feature on.
    Mighty Viper VMC-950, Acromax MX-16, Bridgeport Boss 5, Tongil Panther ST-20, Bridgeport-Romi PowerPath 15, Lagun FTV-2, BobCAD V26,V25, Dolphin V13

Quote Originally Posted by ranchak View Post
    "The prefs stick, until it is launched in "free mode" which strips everything down again"

I don't think you are correct about this. I don't remember opening Predator from my desktop, but I do know that the syntax colors went away. Also I am almost positive I saw somewhere about the program renumbering, I think I also used it.

I am also using the 64 bit version, but I think my shop PC is 32 bit. That might be the one that I saw the renumbering feature on.
    Without wishing to keep repeating myself, Not on my XP machine, they stick when Pred is opened from my desktop. I will be checking my Win 7 machine tomorrow.

Anyone know how much it is to get the predator pro version upgrade for V25? I miss having the backplot feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniewhite70 View Post
    Anyone know how much it is to get the predator pro version upgrade for V25? I miss having the backplot feature.
    Now that's a milling dollar question

Page 1 of 2 12