586,106 active members*
3,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > BP Boss 6 - Where does Spindle Enable switch wire connect to Spindle Start switch?

BP Boss 6 - Where does Spindle Enable switch wire connect to Spindle Start switch?

I recently moved a BP Boss 6 and now the spindle motor will not start. After checking the usual suspects, I opened the head control panel and noticed that the red wire from the Spindle Enable push button switch to the Spindle Start switch had popped off (on the Spindle Start switch end). I don't have a schematic of how the Spindle Enable switch is wired, so I thought I'd ask before trying to trace out all the wiring to see if I can figure out what pin the red wire connects to. I'd appreciate any help -- what pin it goes to on the Spindle Start switch, a schematic, explanation of where Spindle Enable ties in, or a photo of the control panel backside. Thank you.

This issue is resolved. I actually had two problems that were keeping the spindle from activating. First, was the popped off wire that I referred to in my first post. I was lucky to find a snippet of a schematic on cnc-zone that represented my BOSS (with the spindle enable push button). Using that, I was able to re-attach the wire correctly. I then put everything back together to find out that the spindle still wouldn't fire up. After tracing through all the interlocks/relays, etc. I found that 24V was not reaching a particular relay. I thought I found the source of the problem to be questionable connections on the limit override switch as the spindle fired up after I re-attached a few wires. I then put things back together and guess what? - the spindle would not start. Bottom line, a wire sourcing 24V to the head control panel was making/breaking depending on whether the panel was installed or not (there's a bit of a cable binding point just behind the panel that probably caused a break in the wire). Luckily I found three spare wires in the panel cable bundle, so the fix was simple to do. Everything is now back together and working well.