586,110 active members*
3,212 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Full Time Job offer building CNC in NYC

Hello!

Our company designs and builds custom CNC systems in Manhattan. We are looking for someone to help us build them.

In a small company setting, you would be involved in all aspects of production, including construction, calibration, testing and shipping.

This is a full time position, but part time would be considered.

Please contact me at: [email protected]

Exclamation So what do you suggest?

I'm puzzeled to tell you that so far (3 days 120+ views) that not a single person has responded. What do you think?

It seemed that here would be the perfect place to post. Can you suggest a better place, wording etc.?

More company info would help. What is your web site?

Product pics, sales history, company size, machine complexities and configurations, facility information, working conditions.....that would be a good start. Oh - and pay potential.....

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

I didn't think anyone could afford to manufacture in NYC. It does cost a lot just to live there right?

I have also posted a job opening and am not having any luck. I did find a website that might be useful to you as well. It is www.cncci.com

Exclamation More company details

OK so I'll try to give a brief intro:

We design and build custom and semi-custom made inspection systems. They use 3 to 6 axis of movement. The size ranges from 150x150mm travel to 1000x5000mm. Movement repeatability is about +/- 10 to 30um.

The system uses image processing software to provide a pass/fail result for the operator.

We have been in business for 25+ years and have been making these systems for 12+ years. We have ~ 175 system installed worldwide. Currently about 90% of the systems are exported.

Our main office is in NYC with about 8 folks working here and we have an office in Bombay with 3-4 people there.

My thought about posting here was that this site is full of talented and creative people so what a better place to post an ad?

Thats the general overview...

I am waiting to find the perfect job in a year round warm climate that will pay well and to move me with my small machining business.

I would think this is the right place to post, the members would be ideal candidates.
    If not for geography I'd consider this for a new career....
    ....need a Canadian agent?....
    maybe...

We're a very independent sort. Most people I know with this interest and these skills want to work for themselves. Not everyone poking around here, of course, but many of us. Perhaps this may have something to do with it, just a thought.

If I lived in your area I would consider, but I spent the first 30 years of my life trying to figure out how to get out of the cold, and now, 5 miles from the best surf in Southern California, I'm not going anywhere. For a while at least.

Keep your post active, eventually some action may happen. Good luck!
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ditto. Clermont, FL

have you considered a sub office where others live?

I can't find a job after 5 months of trying.
    I'm 62 yo and live in Md.

PLC, PC and CNC control systems
    Servo/Motor drives, controls and support equipment
    Electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and installing complex controls into existing equipment
    Excellent Mechanical skills
    I work well in a team environment and have earned my employers 4 U.S.Patents, (US 5,390,514 US 5,394,713 US 5,400,622 US 5,719,731) which improved their products/productivity.
    I owned my 5th patent US 5,925,128

Work Experience

Kaydon Ring & Seal, Baltimore, Md. January 2002 – October 2005
    Senior Electrician- Electronic Technician
    Technician. CNC Machining Centers and Voumard CNC Grinders. Maintenance/repair of GE Fanuc, Siemens Simatac, SimoDrive, Bridgeport DX32 and Hiedenhien

Bridgeport Machines January 1997 – December 2001
    CNC Field Technician
    Field Service...CNC
    Regional Field Engineer for Bridgeport Machine servicing all CNC-PLC machinery controls and instrumentation sold by Bridgeport including Romi lathes, Harig grinders and all Bridgeport Mills. . Bridgeport controls included Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhien and Boss

Avery Dennison, Clinton, S.C. February 1994- January 1997
    Consultant-.Automated Equipment
    3-year project implementing leading edge equipment for Duracell Batteries
    This equipment used a combination of CNC and PLC positioning controls combined with electronic inspection systems for error correction.
    A total of 20 machines were installed in Lancaster, S.C-.Cleveland, TN. and Mississauga, Ontario, Canada producing 3 billion units a year.

Education
    US Navy Electronics “A” School Great Lakes Illinois.
    Reliance Electric Cleveland, Ohio
    Allen Bradley King of Prussia, Pa
    Drexel University (2 yrs. No degree) Phila. Pa.

Go Navy! Are you looking just in MD? You may want to look for a company that will assist with relocation...

I would leave my business with my partners for the right price.
    You wouldn't be dissapointed but for the most part lets just say you couldn't possibly afford me.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

hey i'm interested for the job but i'm not an american citizen if you are inerested please email me on [email protected]

I would like to relocate to Pa. but would consider anything interesting. I have even thought about teaching basic PLC and CNC programing/repair