586,069 active members*
3,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > older miller 2050 or new hypertherm powermax 45 plasma cutter?

older miller 2050 or new hypertherm powermax 45 plasma cutter?

Hello, I am looking into getting a plasma cutter to use on a cnc build. There is a local seller who has a miller spectrum 2050 for sale. Its a 2008 model. He is asking 1450$ says it has had little use from him but he was second owner. Says it works just like new though. It has the 50 foot cutting torch. I am tempted to get it but I want to use it primarily in a cnc setup. I started looking up prices and options and came a cross several hypertherm plasma cutters that mention cnc capability... they are around 2000$ but are new and have warranty, my question is should I pick up that miller instead of buying a new hypertherm?

The Miller 2050 uses a Hypertherm manufactured torch.....but the torch is a generation older in design as compared to the Powermax45 from Hypertherm. Either system will work.....but the Hypertherm will provide cleaner, squarer cuts and longer consumable parts life. The Hypertherm Powermax45 comes equipped with a rear panel cnc interface port for easy, safe electrical interfaces when used with a machine torch.

Jim Colt