586,104 active members*
3,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

No laser beam...

I have a 80w 1290 chinese laser that had been working fabulously for 8 months straight off the boat... now I have no beam... I have replaced the tube, power supply and controller with a friends... not a bit of luck.... I have put all my components into his laser.... same same as me....and all the components work... I have a beam...
    Put it all bits back into my machine... no beam...
    Any thoughts...
    Yes I have contacted the manufacturer and they are as confused as I am... they suggested all the steps I have already taken...
    HELP...

Hi
    Did you check the water protector? water cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Larry View Post
    I have a 80w 1290 chinese laser that had been working fabulously for 8 months straight off the boat... now I have no beam... I have replaced the tube, power supply and controller with a friends... not a bit of luck.... I have put all my components into his laser.... same same as me....and all the components work... I have a beam...
    Put it all bits back into my machine... no beam...
    Any thoughts...
    Yes I have contacted the manufacturer and they are as confused as I am... they suggested all the steps I have already taken...
    HELP...

Water cycle

I have checked the water cooler ... it is cycling ok... there is a sloppy fitting on the protection wire...but still seems to be connected.... will check further tomorrow...thank you for the suggestion...

Besides this possibilities, you can consider the controller question
    Any others let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Larry View Post
    I have checked the water cooler ... it is cycling ok... there is a sloppy fitting on the protection wire...but still seems to be connected.... will check further tomorrow...thank you for the suggestion...

Larry,

If you need to use my machine to finish jobs, let me know, huh?

Bec

Have you checked the fuses and laser output settings in Lasercut for your machine?

If your laser is not putting out a beam, what does the mAmp gauge say when firing?

If the laser is putting out a beam, have you checked your final mirror and lens?

Bugger....

Many possible. Usually the reasons are water circulation problem, tube setting up problem or the magnet switch position problem.
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike

Hi,
    Reasons of no laser (take our laser machines for example):
    In the case of you can not see the laser beam inside of tube by eyes :
    1. water circulate not good , check water chiller work normal or any leak or block through the water pipe .
    2. water chiller alarm plugger should connected with the machine . On the right side door there is a plugger ,which are intend to connected with the chiller .Or no laser get out .That is related with the water protector , this part might be broken sometimes .
    3.The wiring should be good without disconnect . Check the PUS ,controller and all wirings or pulggers.
    4.Panel /laser set /laser power is 0 or weak figure .Input 50% or 80% or 100% test .
    5.PSU or tube broken . In this case , intall a ammeter in serials and check the output current of laser tube . With 60W tube , the current should be at 23-25 mA .If no current
    ,that shows PSU broken . If there correct current but no laser firing , tube got problem .
    This methods is dangerous and should under permission and guide from manufacture .
    6.Controller broken .Test current by ammeter while firing .

In the case of you can see the laser beam was emitted inside the tube by eyes :
    7.The optics might not be good . Check the beam alignment with the manual details .

Mary Lee
    XYZ Machinery

Flow control sensor
    Door switch

Both are hold open circuits so can be bridged to test

best wishes

Dave

I have spoken with Larry and he says it was a loose connection to the flow meter.