585,761 active members*
4,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 4-axis hmc (op10-op20 program call)

4-axis hmc (op10-op20 program call)

Hey Guys, does any1 have idea abt how to write program to change program number.

For example:

op10 :- program number O2445
    op20:- program number O2449

So, on pallet 1, operation 10 completed, pallet changed, now op:- 20 to be started. But operator will no call new program number(O2449), but would press cycle start outside machine to start operation 20.

So how do I call O2449 program number on main program with punching number manually.

I don't understand exactly what you want to do. How do you know that it is time to change program? Do you want to run a program on pallet 1 and another on pallet 2, so alternate between 2 program, once each??? More detail please.

Quote Originally Posted by indiex View Post
    Hey Guys, does any1 have idea abt how to write program to change program number.

For example:

op10 :- program number O2445
    op20:- program number O2449

So, on pallet 1, operation 10 completed, pallet changed, now op:- 20 to be started. But operator will no call new program number(O2449), but would press cycle start outside machine to start operation 20.

So how do I call O2449 program number on main program with punching number manually.
    Unless the control/machine is equipped with program scheduling you can't call alternate/other programs as Main Programs. What you can do is use a Subprogram for each pallet if you need to have a separate program for each pallet. If the control has the User Macro Option available, and depending on how the PMC program is organized, there will be a fair chance that you will be able to determine the active pallet via Interface Inputs, and therefore ensure that the correct program is being executed.

As Samu mentioned, a bit more detail from you is required.

Regards,

Bill

Mr angelw you mentioned it correct and sorry samu for not presenting my idea well. I want to use separate main program for each pallet. Yep I can do it by using subprogram. Thanks for that.

What I'm doing now is this: 2 main program for 2 pallet. Operation on pallet 1 finish. pallet change to pallet 2 via M60 on program.
    Now, pallet 2 ready for Machining. But in this stage I fwd search for pallet 2 program number, call in memory and then start program for pallet 2.
    So, I have to repeat same stage for pallet 1 and pallet 2 each time. I'm not sure whether machine/control is equipped with program scheduling. I will have to find out abt that.
    And thanks guys for your quick reply.

P.S: I've bought used MC86 makino HMC with Fanuc 15M controller.

Quote Originally Posted by indiex View Post
    Mr angelw you mentioned it correct and sorry samu for not presenting my idea well. I want to use separate main program for each pallet. Yep I can do it by using subprogram. Thanks for that.

What I'm doing now is this: 2 main program for 2 pallet. Operation on pallet 1 finish. pallet change to pallet 2 via M60 on program.
    Now, pallet 2 ready for Machining. But in this stage I fwd search for pallet 2 program number, call in memory and then start program for pallet 2.
    So, I have to repeat same stage for pallet 1 and pallet 2 each time. I'm not sure whether machine/control is equipped with program scheduling. I will have to find out abt that.
    And thanks guys for your quick reply.

P.S: I've bought used MC86 makino HMC with Fanuc 15M controller.
    If the machine has only two pallets, it likely that it doesn't have program scheduling. Machines with a multi-pallet pool tended to have this, but by all means check if it has or not. Without this feature you can't programatically call another program as a Main program. From your explanation, you could achieve all that you need to do with Subprograms. In most instances there will be logic in the PMC for a machine with more than one pallet to determine the active pallet. I would investigate that path and use a Macro Conditional Statement to call the correct program for the Pallet in use. There should also be a different "M" code to call each pallet. Accordingly, if the current pallet can't be determined by reading the Interface Inputs, you would be able to keep track of the current pallet by storing a number, 1 or 2 respectively for Pallet 1 and 2, in a Nonvolatile Macro Variable (=>500) each time the particular pallet is called. To do this, just register the number of the "M" code for each pallet so as to call a Macro Program, then in the Macro Programs called via the respective Pallet "M" codes, store the number of the pallet.

Once you've established a method of determining the active pallet, call the Subprogram based on the active pallet. For example:

IF [#520 EQ 2] GOTO20
    M98 P2445 (IF PALLET 1 IS ACTIVE)
    GOTO30
    N20
    M98 P2449 (IF PALLET 2 IS ACTIVE)
    N30
    --------------
    --------------

Regards,

Bill

Thank you Mr Bill Sir. I'm sure you must have tremendous experience with controller.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
    Mihir

Btw can I add you on facebook? profile ?