586,096 active members*
3,378 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > 1290 Gweike Just got it powered up and trying to figure it out

1290 Gweike Just got it powered up and trying to figure it out

Does anyone have a decent manual on how the heck the controller board works. I was able to get the machine to move but it won't move just a little bit, if you tell is to go X neg it goes until it hits the limit, this is the same in all directions. What am I doing wrong. I am just trying to align mirrors at this point. I have it real close in the back right corner but now I want to move it around and check the other corners.

Hi ,
    Did the machine go to the original zero point whenever you power on ?
    If it can move but it won't move just a little bit , you'd better check the panel if the JOG SET was selected a distance . For example , if you set 10 mm , each time you press button trying to go , it will move 10 mm . Or you need to check the pins on driver and software settings pulse . Sure that parameters and donwload CFG to machine .
    if you tell is to go X neg it goes until it hits the limit, this is the same in all directions. Moving directions can be corret by changing A+/- or B+/- on dirver .But from what you said , in my opinion , it seems that the machine has not go the the original point when powered on .Bcs once it found the zero original point ,it won't hit the limit . If we stand in front of the machine , we call X left direction positive and X right dirction negtive . this is matched with the panel buttons . I had a experience with a US custmer , they are reverse calling on X axis with us . So if you had check again . By the way , we use one limit on each axis . and when the machine is on the original zero way , it is going towards the direction of limit . Without going original zero point , the head will hit the limit directly . So i am doublt the machine directions is right ,just what we calling make this misunderstanding .

Mary Lee
    Best regards,
    XYZ Machinery

It does go to the zero origin point when I turn it on. It just goes all the way across the table in x or y when you hit the arrows. The worst one is the z neg direction because it over travels and I had to hit the estop. Once I power it back up it goes right back to the origin point and is ready to go again.

Please make the jog distance seting as 0, then it will work

Quote Originally Posted by etech4u View Post
    It does go to the zero origin point when I turn it on. It just goes all the way across the table in x or y when you hit the arrows. The worst one is the z neg direction because it over travels and I had to hit the estop. Once I power it back up it goes right back to the origin point and is ready to go again.

You were correct, that is all it was. All is good now. Thank you!!!