getting somewhere now. I got my 2" SEKN facemill in and milled the toolholder with ease,lots of sparks but barely any harness on the mill. What a difference tooling makes. My new favorite toy.

Compound is all adjusted now and backlash is down to around 2thou.

Just running through the break in cycles now and have another little issue. I cant change past the first low speed . The belt is just WAY too tight even with the tensioner out of the picture. I seen vids of belt changes on youtube on this lathe and they did it pretty easy. I am using all my mite to get the belt on the second grooves and it just wont go. The belt is the correct belt so i dont know whats up . Is there a adjustment to move the pully over? It looks like there is a slot on the pully above the motor .Do i need to adjust that in more or should i not touch that? Im thinking that may be it but as is right now there is no way for me to get the belt on the second two low speeds.Im not that weak of a guy either ,its that tight. The high speeds are no prob ,its just the low speed belt. Any help is greatly appriciated?

Glad i bought a 3phase and VFD lol